Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am REALLY looking at getting a trike this weekend, not sure which, kind of liking the Gekko fx.

Those of you that ride DF and trikes, what are your thoughts/impressions? Pluses and minuses?

I know it is different (I now have a motorcycle with sidecar which is VASTLY different that a 2 wheeler), but is it. . .okay? Example. On a sidecar (hack) turns can be a PITA if they are decreasing radius and you have to watch the pitch of the road due to inherent instaiblity with an unladen sidecar.

I want something I can just pedal and kind of zone out on, sit back and enjoy the scenery. I know they are heavier and that hills may be a bit more of a challenge, but other than that, downsides?

Advice?

Thanks gang.

·
Seasider
451 Posts
cornering at speed? Other than that, how relaxing

·
1,393 Posts
I like the Cat Trike models but I don't own one - YET - is it ok to have 5 bikes ?? - I know the answer - I have read the rules - not sure my wife will agree - we want to ride two wheels until we are old enough to need an extra wheel - I have a trike but it is an arm bike only

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cornering is easy-peasy.

Ever ride a motorcycle with a sidecar? that's what I ride when I am not cycling. Much easier than an assymetric vehicle, like a sidehack.

As far as being "old enough to NEED the extra wheel", time to stop the misconception on this one. A trike is a different kind of HPV, not a ****ing wheelchair or walker.

Before you start throwing stereotypes and misconceptions around, let's start to dispel the long beard stereotype now with recumbents of any sort.

I'm sure BLAZING PEDALS and DIGITAL MOUSE would looooove to weigh in on this one.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,201 Posts
Cornering is easy-peasy.

Ever ride a motorcycle with a sidecar? that's what I ride when I am not cycling. Much easier than an assymetric vehicle, like a sidehack.

As far as being "old enough to NEED the extra wheel", time to stop the misconception on this one. A trike is a different kind of HPV, not a ****ing wheelchair or walker.

Before you start throwing stereotypes and misconceptions around, let's start to dispel the long beard stereotype now with recumbents of any sort.

I'm sure BLAZING PEDALS and DIGITAL MOUSE would looooove to weigh in on this one.
I love the idea of a riding a trike, and I'm neither too old (barely sub-40) nor too injured to ride a DF bike. I ride DF all the time, and love it. Like the vehicle or not, trike riders are still spinning cranks, which qualifies them as cyclists in my mind. 1, 2, 3 or 4 wheels - if it moves because you're pedaling it, I'm a fan. If others think less of you because you have an extra wheel, or sit back to ride...<expletive deleted> 'em. Who needs to pay attention to that? Bring on the Q-ship! :cool:

·
1,393 Posts
I love the idea of a riding a trike, and I'm neither too old (barely sub-40) nor too injured to ride a DF bike. I ride DF all the time, and love it. Like the vehicle or not, trike riders are still spinning cranks, which qualifies them as cyclists in my mind. 1, 2, 3 or 4 wheels - if it moves because you're pedaling it, I'm a fan. If others think less of you because you have an extra wheel, or sit back to ride...<expletive deleted> 'em. Who needs to pay attention to that? Bring on the Q-ship! :cool:
I meant no disrespect on the extra wheel comment - I just love the ride I have so far - and you are right spinning the crank is the joy on 2 or 3 - if I had the extra $$ I would get a trike for a different feel - just not in the budget yet

·
Registered
350 Posts
What, me weigh in? Well, OK...

The thing with bents is, They're not just for the old or infirm. In Europe, most recumbent riders are young. No handicaps required! To those who say, "Maybe I'll get one... when I get OLD..." I say, "Don't wait until you're too old to enjoy it."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts