trip from St.Augustine to San Diego

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by riderman14, Jun 24, 2009.

1. riderman14

riderman14 Guest

am leaving St. Augu. on Sept.1st headed to San Diego.will be taking the southern route following the gulf most of the way.any one out there done this,and know anything???

2. jeepwithnoname

jeepwithnoname New Member

Man that sounds cool. I have always wanted to do something like that. Good luck. Please write a forum entry about the trip.... with photo's if you can. That would be outstanding.
    :D

3. AboveNBeyond

AboveNBeyond New Member

Blog!!

Dude you have got to blog or twitter that trip...

It will be a documnetry if anything for your self.

Look into it, I would twitter it... you can post up your address here and every where you want, then ppl can follow you.

That would be awesome.

Check this out... http://twitter.com/

and... Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

and... http://yfrog.com/

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  4. riderman14

riderman14 Guest

thanks for the links! i'm new to this computer thing(just got my 1st one in jan.!!) i'll be leaving on the 1st of sept. and i do plan to keep good records and notes on it.i also take along a good digital camera and send plenty of picts, back to my sons computer so he can logg it all in. i'm chaffing at the bit to get going on this ride.i'll keep posting updates as i move along.will sign up for that twitter thing to,so thanks again for the links!!! ride on

5. Jimi

Jimi Guest

How long will it take you?

6. malsackj

malsackj New Member

cross country

typically the trip has been 30 days. However that is west to east with the prevailing winds to help. With him showing east to west he will be fighting a head wind most of the trip.

7. riderman14

riderman14 Guest

i'm thinking about 2 months.it's no race.i'll be pulling a yak big tow with me with about 40-45 pounds of gear. my pushing it days are over but i can still do 100 miles a day with no problem.i'm doing it solo,with no support vech.with me.and i plan on doing a lot of sight seeing along the way.i'll stay as close to "water" as i can and hug the coast wherever i can.Malsackj is right though.i will be going into wind most of the way.oh well,what dont kill ya just makes ya stronger!!ride on

8. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Awesome, please take us along with you. Post your twitter account so we can follow along. Plus any other places you will be posting. Heck I don't even have a twitter account but will get one to follow along. Good luck, I hope that the biking spirits are looking down on you and it is all smooth and mother nature decides to blow the other way for a few months.

9. BajaScout

BajaScout New Member

I live in San Diego. Can I buy you a beer when you get here?