Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year I go to Spain,barcelona for about 10 days at the end of April beginning of May, sun and drinking (we fly). This year I propose to bike there and meet them. Any one fancy a trip? I have no preference to route there or back or length of time away, cheap daily room in BCN?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Barcelona lures with its irrepressible eclat. But it’s just the start of an unforgettable trip through the heart of Catalonia. Straddling the French border and riding roads the pro cyclists use to train for that famous French race.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bikes in trains in Barcelona:

It's free of charge but there are limitations (more strict this year). In regional trains, for short distances, you can take your bike in the train, no problem. For longer distances only up to 3 bikes are admitted, and you have to get an authorisation and a ticket for the bike (remember, free of charge).

Foldable bikes are an exception and you can carry them with you in the train but they have to be fold before entering the train.

Bikes in buses:

Not very good news my friend. There are no buses with place for bikes and the only way that you can get a bike in a bus is to have a folded one.

Rent room direct from the owners in Barcelona - http://barcelonatrip.ucoz.ru/ in the city centre by 25 euros/night

Routes in Barcelona:

Tibidabo, Montjuic. And a special one, though a bit tough: Garraf. This is near Barcelona towards south, at 20 minutes by car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts