Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've seen them mounted on the bed of trucks. it is a bracket with a quick release latch that you can attach your front fork to when transporting your bike. you remove the front tire, then attach the forks to this bracket via the quick release latch.

what is it called?

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts
the fork mount works great, no need to secure the back tire. I have mine bolted directly to the tailgate and the bike is solid. Front tire then gets strapped to the bike or in the back seat of the truck.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I agree with rawhite. No need to secure the back tire. I mounted my forkmount on the toolbox in my bed. Works great. One word of caution, though. In the summer, my bed has gotten so hot that it actually has melted a flat spot on my rear tire, so keep that in mind on hot days.

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts
I agree with rawhite. No need to secure the back tire. I mounted my forkmount on the toolbox in my bed. Works great. One word of caution, though. In the summer, my bed has gotten so hot that it actually has melted a flat spot on my rear tire, so keep that in mind on hot days.
OUCH! Wouldn't have thought of that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys. my plan is to mount the fork mount to my hitch rack. will probably just strap the rear tire down with a ratchet (or pull strap) under the seat. i'll post up some pics when i get it done. need to check some local bike shops for the fork mount before I order it online.

·
Registered
16 Posts
that's what i did with mine, i mounted it to my hitch hauler and i throw a bungee across the bottom of my frame just for a little added security. i throw my front tire in the back seat of the jeep and go wherever i need to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts