Two Spoke Forums banner

Two Spoke Climbing Challenge

24K views 378 replies 16 participants last post by  longjohn 
#1 ·
How many days will it take us to climb one million feet?

Starting now[emoji16]

#4 ·
lol, I get an avg of 92 ft on a 27 loop where we just moved to, @John_V isn't much better, Looks like you and @newleaf150 have a little work ahead of you :D

#5 ·
My climbing total for yesterday’s 63 mile ride was a whopping 10 feet. My Memorial Day Ride, going over a few bridges, was 377 feet over 41 miles. I don’t think I’ll be much help in this challenge. The best help I can do is to post in October for the C2C ride. All three days added together would equal a normal day for you guys.

#6 ·
@RidesAlot Cyber rides count.

@John_V we'll use anything we can get. Granted, your location will make your numbers less than most others.
W won't hold it against you. [emoji16]

@rola643 that loop may have little climbing, but I'm pretty sure over seen you hit 30 or more a few times this year. [emoji57]

It all adds up. Just like the pennies I've been putting away for retirement.

#7 ·
Okey Dokey!

It is funny as I joined a Strava club for the same area as the MBA (in signature) and I see these huge elevation total's. I'm thinking "wow, these folk's do hill rep's!", but then I rode once in Road Grand Tours and I jumped to third place. :)

I have to search for hill's around here! I'll probably add total's monthly to lessen the work load.

#22 ·
I have had good luck with the RideWith GPS app for this reason: civilian GPS, whether it's in your phone, a device, or otherwise, will tell you where you are on the surface of the planet. Thanks to security concerns, altitude measurements come not from satellites but from barometric pressure.

I understand a number of tracking apps including RWGPS overcome this by overlaying your GPS track on a detailed topographical map in order find your actual ascent and descent numbers. I imagine Garmin's offering might be similar, but I don't know for sure.

#25 ·
+958=4300

Reactions: John_V
#35 ·
Reactions: cwtch and John_V
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.