Two Spoke Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It appears maybe so.
THURSDAY, Feb. 2 (HealthDay News) -- Doctors have long known that regular exercise can help lower the risk of stroke, but a new study suggests that people who are physically fit also have better odds of recovery if they do suffer a stroke

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas and fpl1

·
1,884 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I picked up a simple card today and think I’ll send it to @MilesR as I believe he’s furthest West. Work its way back East and South. Sooo @MilesR if you would be so kind to message me your address we can get this ball rolling.

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I’ve a few update from Gale but I thought I would share this one as John finally gets to go home!

Good evening everyone. I have good news tonight. John will be coming home on Saturday. We are both excited and apprehensive at the same time. The house is just about ready for him; shower is installed and working, carpet in the living room and our bedroom has been removed (vinyl plank flooring will be installed in a couple weeks), wheelchair ramp is in, some of the bathroom walls have been removed and Al (John's brother) is finishing it up, bedroom has been rearranged so we can get the wheelchair close to the bed.
He is able to walk about 30 steps to and from (they are holding onto the safety belt), he can transfer from his wheelchair to the toilet and then slide into the shower, he is making some progress with his speech.
He will have home therapy at home, not sure how long and length of sessions, visiting nurse etc.
Take care and Thank you for all your support and well wishes. We both appreciate it.

Gale

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

·
Two skinny J's
21,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Received this txt from Gale this afternoon.

Hi Jeff, John was so pleased and surprised to receive your get well card. He really enjoyed everyone’s comment. Thank you and pass on our thanks to everyone who signed his card.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts