Two Spoke Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Tough news. He doesn't need any setbacks.
No, he sure doesn’t. It’s got to super rough on someone like him who stayed so fit and busy for his age!

·
Two skinny J's
21,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Jeff, when you contact Gale next, let her know I am thinking about them.
I sure will. I let her contact me. I try not to be intrusive. She’s been good, although quite busy, trying to keep up and prolly doesn’t need me bothering them, you know what I mean?

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Quite literally, I was going to ask about John after reading posts I’ve missed for a couple days.
Such sad news. I was really hoping he was at least walking around the house by now.

I miss his posts and picking on him with others here. He’s such a good sport.

rola,
It might be good to reach out every 3 or 4 weeks “from everyone at TS” and let him know we miss him & think about him often.
It just might help Gale not to feel alone in this and might give him hope.

·
tall old member
1,482 Posts
From bed to wheel chair he could use a Hoyer lift but from wheelchair to toilet there is probably not enough room in their bathroom to get one in there. If he really wants to go home and Gale is up to it he could use a bedpan and urinal. It would help if he could roll himself over because he is probably heavier than his wife. They may not have a bed with enough room to get a Hoyer lift in there. I rearranged the living room for a hospital bed in the middle for my wife and she slept there her last 15 months until she passed in March.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts