Two Spoke Forums banner

Keep it open or call it a good day?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
1,814 Posts
I really enjoy this forum and especially sprocket girl. I have hardly posted this past year or so because I haven’t rode my bikes. I’m the primary care giver for my wife and can’t leave her to go ride a bike. Her life is winding down now and I am about to lose her. She hasn’t eaten for a week and can’t seem to make the remote for her hospital bed work or work her iPhone to call me if she needs me. I hope to get back to riding this year.
I’m so sorry to hear this news.

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
So sorry to hear about your wife's worsening condition, longjohn.

Reactions: longjohn

·
Old, fat, and slow
751 Posts
Nothing I could say would really make a difference, so I won't say much.

You seem aware and awake and understand what's happening, and have hope for the future, and all that is good in a terrible situation.

I will pray for the right things to happen, whatever those might be.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,837 Posts
What is this blashemy? Shutdown the bots with the new software right? It would suck to not be able to logon here. This is the only bike forum I'm on. It's like the coolest best kept secret kinda thing. Then there is a car, a truck and xB forums. That's about all of my "social media" activity. Keep it going! Hell, I'll help, gimme push to spam flush. I like taking out the trash and using bots against bots. Turn them on each other and let'em waste each other's resources and time.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Forums come and go. Forums also have slow times and busy times. This forum is the only one I have been on that Jackwagon‘s are not prevalent like other bike forums I no longer go to. So keep it going if you can. As to th at evil Facebook, I don’t use that outlet, it’s a political reason I won’t get into as I do no discuss politics as it pisses everyone off that does not think like me.

I like it here and will stay as long as the door is open.

·
Premium Member
6,994 Posts
I’m guilty as charged. Haven’t been as regular as I should. I’d really hate to see it go away. Such a good atmosphere here and good folks. Only met Rola in person but I know if I were traveling with bike anywhere near the regulars I’d touch base and we’d ride. How amazing is that. To have that nation wide network of people you know are good folks. Again - I enjoyed the virtual friendships on here and have little doubt that should I be fortunate to cross paths with any of you or better yet get the chance to ride with any you it would not disappoint. How priceless is that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I really enjoy this forum and especially sprocket girl. I have hardly posted this past year or so because I haven’t rode my bikes. I’m the primary care giver for my wife and can’t leave her to go ride a bike. Her life is winding down now and I am about to lose her. She hasn’t eaten for a week and can’t seem to make the remote for her hospital bed work or work her iPhone to call me if she needs me. I hope to get back to riding this year.
John I remember some time back you posting of caring for your wife and her health. I certainly am praying for you and her and hope her transition is peaceful. One thing I am reminded by without going all religious as I am a believer in my Lord is that we all have one thing in common, we are all going to wind down one day and go to our eternal location, whether the one we want or the one we don’t given our personal choice.

God Bless and keep your head up. You are doing an admirable thing to provide until the end.

·
Still learning . . .
1,287 Posts
I administer a Facebook group for cyclist 65 plus. We keep our membership at about 600 and are always turning people down. We are death on any political posts or anything similar. We block and delete without notice any of these. It keeps the forum positive and keeps the negative people out. Other forums on Facebook for older cyclists have 20 to 30,000 participants, and if you do a post it get lost immediately because there's always 10 posts right after you post your topic. That's why we keep ours so small. I don't know what that has to do with your decision, except that you can run a good Facebook cycling group and keep politics and negatives out of it. We've had this for about 3 years now.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Glad someone mentioned a well-managed Facebook group - it just takes a bit of work and common sense.

People always demonize Facebook but Facebook is just a tool like any other and is only as good as the people who use it and manage it and it's content.

I administer a Facebook group for cyclist 65 plus. We keep our membership at about 600 and are always turning people down. We are death on any political posts or anything similar. We block and delete without notice any of these. It keeps the forum positive and keeps the negative people out. Other forums on Facebook for older cyclists have 20 to 30,000 participants, and if you do a post it get lost immediately because there's always 10 posts right after you post your topic. That's why we keep ours so small. I don't know what that has to do with your decision, except that you can run a good Facebook cycling group and keep politics and negatives out of it. We've had this for about 3 years now.

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Glad someone mentioned a well-managed Facebook group - it just takes a bit of work and common sense.People always demonize Facebook but Facebook is just a tool like any other and is only as good as the people who use it and manage it and it's content.
Yup.it's a tool ( see what I did there?:D I guess that's going back in time to use it that way ) and it's TOXIC, foul and generally obnoxious no way around it. Of course that's just my opinion :D

21 - 40 of 40 Posts