Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll be OK, got propane, food fresh water and lamps and I put in a hand pump if needed.

Could be off line a few days!

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
No battery backup.
I went thrugh a cupple of them in my navy days, took a life jacket locker and a boat davit off the tin can I was on. You batten down them hatches now.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is about gone, went out across Subic.
Power was off about an hour. Water didn't get in the house.

Then the WiFi is down, I have both land and WiFi.

Guess those Tin Cans are hard to ride in a storm. I have a Capt. Lic.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I am a qualified coxswine on a 36' resque boat , a LCM, a LCVP, a 26' whale boat, and a26" liberty launch. But i can't drive a 10' pram with an electric motor here in NJ as I dont have a motor boat operators licence from the state of NJ. I did have a motor boat operators licence but this is a new operators licence that thay came up with . But I am not going to get that test for $50 .

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did oilfield supply boats and crew boats plus fished in my spare time
Live south of Houston, Kemah

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right now we have three more storms coming this week.
Where we live we are OK. I put in a well (hand pump) for water to wash with and drink with if we have to. I ordered 50 more gal's. of drinking water for this morning and I had 35 already.
I'll pickup the last few thing we need from the store this morning and I have extra propane to cook with for a month.
The flooding is because the Filipino's refuse to put their trash in a pickup place, they throw it in the creeks, rivers and ditches then they stop up when it rains.
There is no law here because there is no law enforcement. This is the most corrupt country in Asia and 141 in the world.

Your Mind Can Not Conceive the Third World!!!
you have nothing to compare it too.

·
Registered
465 Posts
That is awful Burr. Isn't that unhealthy to drop trash everywhere? I am sure you have your paradise as well, or you wouldn't live there.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I said, no law enforcement.

I am comfortable and happy. I do my thing.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Hi Burr, i agree with Smiley it must be awful living with the fear of catching some sort of illness from all that discarded rubbish...but like you say, your comfortable and happy and there is no law enforcement breathing down your neck.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had a girlfriend in Aberdeen and stayed there a lot.
Scotland/UK is five times cleaner then American so just think what this place is.
Hey Dude, I follow the Scotland/Magners, how about EDINBURGH first place.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I stay about 60 miles from aberdeen and as it's my nearest big city...i go there when i want to impress the latest woman in my life (last???), it's good for the live music venues.
I, the Magner's are doing not too bad for themselves, it's been a while since i last went to watch them...

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Coco, do you keep the beast?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Right now we have three more storms coming this week.
Where we live we are OK. There is no law here because there is no law enforcement. This is the most corrupt country in Asia and 141 in the world.

Your Mind Can Not Conceive the Third World!!!
you have nothing to compare it too.
I do understand the Third World my friend, lived off base in Korea in early 70's, not as severe as Philipines, but pretty raw. We had an outhouse, but it was in the next door complex, no running water, ours was Orange, we had to throw a bucket down the well next door, was interesting life, we lived there for a year.

Keep up the posts as you can, I been worried about you and yours for a couple days now.

Take care, DrB

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey Mtndoc, where did they get that term 'Third World'. It's not like we have a 1st or 2nd world-or do we?:confused:
The term started during the cold war, countries not alligned with Capitolism/NATO or Communism were termed 3rd world. Gave a way to categorize countries based on social, political and economic divisions.

DrB

1 - 20 of 41 Posts