Unicycle Insurance

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Crone, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Crone

Crone Guest

Has anyone heard of Unicycle insurance? I know it sounds ridiculous but I like to ride my uni to work at we have a strict policy stating that no bicycles (including unicycles) may be brought into the building. Now, I have put a good deal of money to trick out my uni so I don't want to risk never seeing my precious baby again.

Doubt anyone has Unicycle insurance here but I was wondering if you guys have heard anything about it or have any advice.

2. Gallagher9

Gallagher9 Guest

It does sound silly but I get what you are saying man. It would completely suck to lose all the work, money, and effort you put into your baby so I understand the need or want for it. How much would it run you?

3. Ducttape

Ducttape Guest

Unicycles have serial numbers on the frame. You can register that serial with the local bike registry, it's not insurance but it is a way to find your unicycle should it turn up missing. The closest thing to insurance is a good set of locks and a registered serial.

4. Unicycles don't have serial number on them unless you have a K1 and even then there are several with the same number.

Normal household insurances will allow you to insure item up to the value of unicycles without having to specify them anyway... unless you have schlumpf!

R
    talk to S, A she will sort it.

5. Pariah

Pariah Guest

they have serial engraving guns or you could take out certain parts, spraypaint in the hole different colors, take a picture, and put it back together, that way you have evidence to prove its yours if you found it at a local pawn shop and no one will see the funky colors... I know.. crappy idea

6. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I wonder what the statistics on unicycle theft are? probably a national crisis. Ha!

7. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

8. straycat

straycat Guest

I heard someone threw a unicycle at someone else in an attempted robbery, unicycle insurance could be a good idea

9. Cycle

Cycle Guest

I wonder how that worked out for them.