Two Spoke Forums banner

Updated FTP

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Germanrazor 
#1 ·
Okay, using Assioma power meter pedals and Garmin analysis and now doing in-door training as well I looked at my numbers again. My watts for my FTP measurement are static at 331 W but my W/KG increased to 4.05 from 3.99.

Not that I put 100% stock into the measurements, but I can definitely see faster recovery times off climbs and flat sprints over about 3-4 months ago.

I am as the younger folks say, digging the power meter pedals and seeing improvement there. Overall, looking to increase my VO2 max and abilities for a near 51 year old guy who at times still feel like I am in my mid 20’s as a young LEO chasing crackheads through the city streets all night and catching them!

#2 ·
^ Those are some mighty numbers there! I'm happy t maintain 3.2 w/kg. Are those FTP numbers from Sufferfest? If so, in the "real" world what power and w/kg do you see. I ask because I can easily do more inside on a trainer than I can outside..

#3 ·
N

No. My initial 4DP test without HR to factor was 206 and 2.5 respectively. Sufferfest even stated, without my HR to calculate it would not be accurate. I have to redo my 4DP test again now I can get my HR to link up.

#4 ·
I have a friend that used to visit here ( @Hazy) txt me last night pretty excited as he just got a pair of these pedals.

Reactions: maelochs
#5 ·
I am as the younger folks say, digging the power meter pedals and seeing improvement there.
The younger folks from the late '60s, maybe .... :LOL:

Much as I despise people who train and gain (because I no longer do and am trapped inside the body of a whale) I also respect people who don’t quit and keep gaining. Not sure what your numbers will actually prove to be, but just the fact that you see gains ….. well done, sir.

#6 ·
It has been a diet and continued mashing out the routes to get here. Lost 25 lbs. in 4 months and now weigh less than I did in high school over 35 years ago.

Looking forward to the warmer weather to turn it up more.

I think people overlook the basics of diet too often. They cut some things out but not the key things. For me, it was the carbs from which I had no idea how much I was taking in until I really analyzed it. They made the biggest difference and more so over increased riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.