Two Spoke Forums banner

Updating the workout room...

2K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  John_V 
#1 ·
Since I have all kinds of time on my hands now. I saw this a while back and thought about trying to paint it but this will be MUCH easier and quicker. Moma is making me completely rearrange the room as it is anyway.

What do you think of this? I'd rather have this to look at rather than the eggshell white the wall currently is.

Sky Slope Rectangle Font Parallel

Options seem to be limitless
Cloud Sky Mountain Atmosphere Ecoregion

Bicycle Cloud Sky Tire Wheel

See less See more
Reactions: fpl1 and Dos_Ruedas
#3 ·
Institutional white, that’s not PC at all sir :)

#5 ·
Not in my budget they don't :D Straying off topic, years ago there was a gentleman from the DC who bought a home on the York river in our area that had a pool facing the water with a HUGE tv that came up out of the ground for your viewing pleasure while soaking in the pool while overlooking the rivah. The cost installation alone I was told was ridiculously stupid. I only know because I was friends with the electrician who did a small part of the installation.

#7 ·
Yea...NO!

#11 ·
#16 ·
I've looked and looked. I'm risking it and painting it myself. May turn into a major disaster but I've got time to correct it. I found some peel and stick that I really like but at 80 per sheet and needing 10 for my wall not very feasible in my book.

I've looked at those and they are pretty damn awesome but I'm thinking something slightly less busy.

#18 ·
The attachments in that posting didn't come work for me.

I think you'll find that when you finish - even if it's not perfect or exact; it will look better to you than something you bought, and certainly have more meaning.

And the nice thing is you're probably going to have lots of time if you needed to fix or even re-paint it again.

I never think of myself as very artistic but as a person who has to do occasional 'artwork'; I find it best to turn off my inner need for perfectionism and precise lines and precise edges and I can sometimes fake it.

#20 ·
The attachments in that posting didn't come work for me.

I think you'll find that when you finish - even if it's not perfect or exact; it will look better to you than something you bought, and certainly have more meaning.

And the nice thing is you're probably going to have lots of time if you needed to fix or even re-paint it again.

I never think of myself as very artistic but as a person who has to do occasional 'artwork'; I find it best to turn off my inner need for perfectionism and precise lines and precise edges and I can sometimes fake it.
T/S wont let me post a Pano shot because of the file name extension the iphone gives it fir some reason today.

Reactions: lectrichead
#17 ·
So last night I painted the wall I'm working on and went from eggshell white to a fairly light grey. It's very hard to get perspective in a smaller room full of junk and in prep for paint 1/2 of it is out in the halls and misc spots. You never realize how crap you have until you have to move it :D

After laying my base
Flooring Gas Wood Electrical wiring Ceiling

Freehand sketching an outline, wish I had a projector for perspective. You might have look pretty close.
Brown Grey Wood Tints and shades Flooring

I’m breaking all the rules by starting from the bottom. I have a light grey and a dark charcoal grey are my only two colors that I’ll have to mix to get different shades... at least that’s my plan and being stuck inside I don’t have any other options anyway:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.