Uphill Headwind

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by Dan_3, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Dan_3

Dan_3 Guest

Why is it that on my way home from work, the first mile is uphill and always into a headwind? Did I choose the wrong place to work? lol

2. BigDumbBear

BigDumbBear New Member

YES! You should always choose your job based on the commute. That's awesome.

3. jeepwithnoname

jeepwithnoname New Member

LOL... I can't agree with BigDumbBear more. But as an alternative I can only suggest that you break up that monster hill till you get used to it. I don't know how strong the winds are or how steep the mile is. I tackle some of the longer hills in my area by taking a side street for a bit then reentering that hill with a little rest in me. Just to break up the pace a little. It takes a while but if it gets really windy like it does here it can save you a lot of energy and pain.

4. hewlett

hewlett Guest

Oh can't have huge hills working up and sweat on the way to work. But after, by all means, bring it on!

5. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Dan, choosing to work is already the wrong decision! Unfortunately, a lot of us have had to do the same. :(

6. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Dan I would have to agree that choosing to work is a bad decision. But the location you chose is good. Uphill into a headwind on the way home means the last mile you ride to work is downhill. You start the work day with an exhilarating ride down a hill. Then while you are still bummed from having to work all day you have to climb the monster hill. After that you are easy riding to the house. See you chose a good place to work if you have to work.