Two Spoke Forums banner

Very quiet here......

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  longjohn 
#1 ·
Must be everyone is riding!!!😁

#2 ·
Not riding much but sure as hell busy with everything else!

#7 ·
I have been struggling to ride and all my rides are short and boring---to describe. I don't bring my camera much because who wants to stop, when finally, they got out and got onto the bike? And besides, I tend to ride the same boring route every time---boring to shoot or describe.

I have been looking at joining some group rides, but the only groups slow enough for walking-speed riders are more than an hour's drive away. The amount of planning and the amount of sheer luck needed to get that many hours free and actually be ready to ride .... hasn't happened so far.

So I guess i could start a "How far didn't I ride today?" thread .......

#8 ·
I’ve been riding a lot lately. I did the September challenge to Kick Cancer’s butt and fight childhood cancer. I was just coming off chemotherapy and didn’t know if I would even be able to ride. I started out riding two miles down my road to the only flat 1/2 mile section of my road and did repeats for four miles and rode the two miles back home for a total of eight miles. I was exhausted but I kept at it. I had set a goal for myself to ride 200 miles in the month of September and raise $500 to fight cancer. The challenge is over now and I rode over 400 miles and raised $1,300. I took a lot of pictures along the way too because I rode mostly scenic bike trails.
Glasses Smile Helmet Communication Device Goggles

Shorts Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Photograph Bicycle helmet Green

#9 ·
I just can’t seem to find the time to ride regular like i did in past years. Work x2 it seems.
I took a ride today and mentioned to my Bride that I’ve been unable to ONCE be fit enough to keep my legs from burning as i walk up and down the stairs in the house.
I find this unbelievably frustrating.
I need to do better.
I need to MAKE time.
Alas, there just isn’t any time remaining and good riding weather is almost gone. [emoji22]

#10 ·
I just can’t seem to find the time to ride regular like i did in past years. Work x2 it seems.
I took a ride today and mentioned to my Bride that I’ve been unable to ONCE be fit enough to keep my legs from burning as i walk up and down the stairs in the house.
I find this unbelievably frustrating.
I need to do better.
I need to MAKE time.
Alas, there just isn’t any time remaining and good riding weather is almost gone. [emoji22]
Exactly! Between sh!t always changing at work, grandkids ( PRIORITY #1 over ANYTHING!!!) cracked forks...it's been a dismal riding year. It's ok tho. In the past it would have driven me absolutely crazy not to get out and get those weekly miles but life is changing fast. i finally got out and rode today and my body thanked me immensely :D I never want to give up riding and the good feel afterwards but...my priorities in life are definitely changing a bit. I can never make up missed time with my family and grandkids, I'm working hard to have a very special relationship with all of them.

#13 ·
After all the bleeding and blindness after my eye surgery my eye surgeon talked me into not riding until I was off the anti-coagulant drug Brillinta. He said it was just too risky. I was planning on riding all winter and bought warm riding gear. Anyway I’m off the drug now and getting back into riding. I have a girlfriend who lives over an hour away so most of my time is spent with her. I just had a bike fixed up for her. I hope to get her into cycling.

#15 ·
She lives 70 miles away taking a straight shot on the interstate through cities. I can’t bike the interstate and the cities run one into another with no decent roads to ride a bike on. If we all run out of gas I could ride my bike on the interstates to go see her but I would have to stay there awhile because it would take me six hours one way.
Not sure where our relationship is going. She just got back from Spain and she enjoys her independence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.