Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this the wrong place for this, couldn't seem how to post in the for sale area...... For the Bike HacKerS in all of us.

Found a bunch of Small Wheels at a local scrap yard today. I'm planing to build a "Forkless Blike" in the future and was looking for the hub off a Wheel Chair to use as a front wheel hub assembly. These wheels look good but lite duty, should work for the front wheel. There selling for $3 each at the yard, and you pay for the trip in the U.S. They are one sided axle with no threads on them, Size is 8 1/2 inches out side diameter. 10 spokes per side, sealed ball bearings with no markings on any part. Was going to use the hub on a 20 inch wheel. I can get the front wheel and the side wheels, I believe these were for a baby stroller of some type, who knows.
Im in Boise ID 83709 thanks Rich-
The Wheels

The Fork less Bikes, the ony two on the net I can find.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Those are pretty wild. When you said that you were going to build a "forkless bike," I thought you were doing something like a lefty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That's pretty sweet I have never seen those before :D

You could make one where a half of a large hoop shaped piece of metal holds it together from above the bike then the crank emerges from a tube near the back tire and you could roll the entire bike :D

·
Bent Newbie - old rider
144 Posts
Wheel is to the "left" of the strut?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lefty or righty, single fork idea. Is it to cut the weight of the bike or drag? Who knows, I bet the price of the bike went up several hundred bucks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts