Video review of the Raw folding electric bike

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by roaringfire, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roaringfire

roaringfire New Member

Here's a video I made reviewing the Raw Folding Electric bike and problems I have with it and the supplier/importer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bRa_NIYZqA]YouTube - Raw Motor Electric Folding bike review problems explored[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  2. Moe

Moe New Member

Whats up with the terms of use? Was it the manufacture coming down or did you use copy righted music, or what?:confused:

3. roaringfire

roaringfire New Member

Thanks for the comment, I've replaced it. The terms of use was the seller getting Youtube to pull it for no valid reason as he didn't want people to see it. But here it is... he knows he looks ridiculous in it and it shows how badly they treat customers. I have a pending small claims court date with them as they have never taken responsibility for this.

Thanks

4. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

That sucks. Where are you at man? Instead of getting a replacement bike could you have gotten a refund?

5. roaringfire

roaringfire New Member

They have refused to refund it and have refused to give me a properly working bike of the correct specification so we have a small claims court date set. I have in my possession a bike of lower spec than they sold that does not work properly after they replaced the original with that. And they seem naive enough to think that the court won't force them to repay and cover court costs. I'm sure they thought I wouldn't take it to court but on principle they need to be taught they cannot conduct business that way. I'm sure they'e already lost as much business from this dispute as they refund would cost from people being put off by hearing how they do business.

Crazy and very short sighted on their part.

6. Farnsworth

Farnsworth New Member

Well thank you for doing it. If I had the money to go to small claims court over a few things I would but I think a lot of companies bank on that. Give em' Hell!

7. Ykick

Ykick New Member

Typical pie-in-the-sky eBike seller. Outrageous claims then argue and ignore the customer when it doesn't even come close to claimed performance. Nevermind that it probably isn't even safe. Is there UL listing and polarized plugs on the charger?

However, consumers should take a little responsibility to better understand what it is they're buying. I don't know any reasonable person who believes you can actually buy a $300-$400 eBike capable of 30MPH and 20 mile range.

Once those claims are demonstrated to be false a full refund should be in order IMO. This entire industry is so polluted with BS specs that people need to take their time and perform better due dilligence regarding these products.

If you still want an electric folder I suggest one of those eBikekit systems and install it on whatever folding bike you like. You'll spend around $1000 or more depending on battery but you'll have a machine that can actually do what you want it to do.

8. howard100

howard100 New Member

You waited 3 month to notify manufacture of a problem. I can't even get a pair of pants returned at kmart after 30 days have passed. Why would you expect anyone to take responsiblility? After 3 month the item has been used and abused already. It's hard to pin responsibility on the manufacture or user wear and tear.

9. roaringfire

roaringfire New Member

Hi Howard, thanks for the reply. A warranty period is a warranty period. 30 days on some things, 90 on others. Most goods a year warranty some hard drives 3 years, it all depends.

Bottom line, the judge agreed with me and I won my case against the seller. I'm not from the US and am shocked at how little consumer protection there is here and how little consumers stand up to such poor behaviour. Sadly I had to take this to court but people need to be forced to live up to their commitments.

Thanks again.

Here's the link to the video again as one at top of page was amended
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-xx5nRJNdY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-xx5nRJNdY[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  10. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Roaringfire....glad to hear the system worked for you. Sorry that you had to go through the process though.

11. roaringfire

roaringfire New Member

12. Rawmotor

Rawmotor New Member

I'm the vendor

Email me and I'll send you the picture of the bike he tried to return. This bike had a bent frame. I told him the warranty doesn't cover bent frames since it obviously was in a accident. It has nothing to do with the quality of the bike. He bought this bike in dec for christmas. He tried to return it in March. Email me and I'll show you court paper work stating that I agreed to give him a full refund if he returns the bike. He won't bring the bike back. That's why refund has not been issued. Everyone that buys my bike can trust that I'll stand behind my product. But not for a bent frame...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  13. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I can't believe I wasted almost 9 minutes watching that stupid video. It bugs me that we see the speed controller twice, but not the motor, and of course, not the original "bike" that was returned.

As an adult, I cannot imagine why any able-bodied person would buy something like that, even as a toy for a child. Yes, you would have to be foolish to think that something with 20" wheels could even hit 30MPH without being dropped from a tall building. Even 20MPH would be a stretch - that's just basic math. It would appear that some people have an insatiable appetite for Chinese made junk, which causes them to ignore the obvious marketing hype.

14. roaringfire

roaringfire New Member

Funny as the court judgement says that he has to refund the payment first to get the bike back as he is the one who lost the court action. He has consistently been abusive and unprofessional.

15. Industry_Hack

Hmm. I did a little research, and couldn't locate anything mentioning a 300W motor. Or a 30MPH top speed. I did find some interesting FAQs regarding electric bikes though. It would appear that like any purchase, a little due diligence goes a long way.

16. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Do you have a pic of the bike you tried to return roaringfire? What was the judgment.

Rawmotor is this all really worth it, I mean you could have just refunded the bike not gone to court, not received a negative review, and at least be known for great customer service, it sucks, but it's the pitfall of selling products for a living. I understand the principles behind it but principles aren't edible, if you know what I mean.

17. Industry_Hack

Seeing as how we don't have the full story, I'm not prepared to take sides, but the buyer's story alone hasn't convinced me that he's a victim.

18. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

How much was this bike?

19. roaringfire

roaringfire New Member

The bike was $350, I didn't bother taking photos or video's of the original bike because they were replacing it and that was fine if they honoured the warranty. The problem is the replacement went far slower (the original did go at a good speed (not as much as advertised but that was never to be believed)) but the replacement was so slow about a 3rd of the speed of the original so I then checked the controller and found he'd replaced it with a lower powered unit which he then mentioned via email he knew he had done but was pissed off that I'd complained.

Anyway he lost the court case which was that he had fraudulently given me the wrong replacement bike and refused to refund me and still has yet to refund as per the courts judgement. It wasn't worth my time to fight it but of work exposing civil rights abuses etc. and won't accept it when people try to be abusive to others. We all have to set a standard to not accept this behaviour.

20. Industry_Hack

Not sure what civil rights has to do with this, but you've certainly illustrated something that most people are not aware of - a judgment is just a piece of paper. Enforcing that may not be possible for you. He's stated that you only need to return the bike to get your refund, you've stated that you want a refund before you return it. Mexican standoffs never end well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.