1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks for sharing... I have only ridin on the Va. Beach boardwalk so far, but would like to ride in some other area's, but no time soon. So many places to ride here that I still need to hit...

·
Two skinny J's
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing... I have only ridin on the Va. Beach boardwalk so far, but would like to ride in some other area's, but no time soon. So many places to ride here that I still need to hit...
I did a ride last summer from Waller Mill up in Williamsburg, no wait it was the Patriot loop ride and a group from Pungo came up. They were very fast sprinters but didn't care much for the hills but had little problem with them. I thought about them when I saw these articles.

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts
we spent a week there in June and I rode 3 times. First time out from the boardwalk area south on the marked trails. Poor transitions at intersections and too much crossing driveways and such. Area had just had a series of problems with tacks on the road and cyclists being bumped from behind so I didn't feel safe heading out on the shop group rides.

Second two rides I headed north from the boardwalk and took advantage of a couple of high-rent neighborhoods with nice roads and light traffic, and rode part of the ride on Atlantic. AM rides after 9am so traffic was good and riding was great.

Combine a slew of tourists and a community that is a bit irritated with cyclists and it doesn't seem like a friendly place to ride right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts