Vittoria Tires

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by Alanis27, May 27, 2009.

1. Alanis27

Alanis27 Guest

Anyone have comments, positive or negative on Vittoria tires?

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

The Vittoria Open Corsa CX tires are amazing. Super fast yet very supple ride. They have such a nice ride that you might think that you're on a totally different bike. The main drawback for me is the cost vs. mileage. Last year I was going through about a pair every two months. I was only getting 800 to 1000 miles out of them. This year I am riding the Continental Grand Prix 4000S. That is a "S" at the end, not plural. There is a difference between the regular 4000 and the 4000S. These tires also have a very nice ride, corner very well, feel just about as good as the Vittoria, yet so far have lasted me about 3 times as long. Also, the Vittoria would cut easily on gravel, but I have ridden these 4000S's over lots of gravel and fresh chip-seal without any cuts on the tires.

Hope this helps.

3. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Alanis, I was looking through the unanswered threads section and came across this one. I answered it before looking at the category. I now notice it is in the mountain bike section. If you mean mountain bike tires by Vittoria, I don't know anything about them. I didn't know they made anything except a slick mtb tire.

Sorry for the confusion.

4. livendadream

livendadream Guest

I too rode Vittoria sew ups/tubulars back in the day and they performed awesome, I would have to say they outlasted most other tires and I had less problems then other brands. Highly recommend. A+++++++++J.:)

5. TxJeeper

TxJeeper Guest

my boss uses them and loves them on his road bike and his Mtn Bike