Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a peek at the Wabi Cycles website the other day, and saw this stem that Richard is considering offering. The clamps are investment castings carefully brazed to oval cromoly tubing, then everything gets polished before a clear coat is applied. Damn sexy! Of course, that kind of hand-crafted art doesn't come cheap. He expects the price to be in the neighborhood of $150. It would be so worth it.

Originally published on IndustryOutsider.com on 5/13/2011

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I couldn't leave this thread without a response. That is beautiful, man! Innovative and classic at the same time. Thanks for sharing.

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Vera nicea ( said in best Italiano I can muster :))

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Drooling nothing like sexy lugs

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
You know, I've checked out the Wabi Cycles website and think that they make nice bikes, very nice bikes indeed. But... I'm not so sure I could ever own one. The reason being when I was a wee young lad, my mom really disliked all the terms used to describe the "private parts" of boys.... so she made up her own name for it and called it a wabi.

If I owned a Wabi I don't think I could ever bring myself to take it into my LBS and ask "how much to tune up my Wabi". And what would happen when it got dirty, my wife would ask me what I'm doing and I would have to reply, "I'm going out to the driveway to clean my Wabi". I just could never do it, not even for free.

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
You know, I've checked out the Wabi Cycles website and think that they make nice bikes, very nice bikes indeed. But... I'm not so sure I could ever own one. The reason being when I was a wee young lad, my mom really disliked all the terms used to describe the "private parts" of boys.... so she made up her own name for it and called it a wabi.

If I owned a Wabi I don't think I could ever bring myself to take it into my LBS and ask "how much to tune up my Wabi". And what would happen when it got dirty, my wife would ask me what I'm doing and I would have to reply, "I'm going out to the driveway to clean my Wabi". I just could never do it, not even for free.

I seriously about sprayed my computer reading this. Funniest thing I read in a while :D
Cheers for the laughs

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Get over it. My Cannondale Headshok has "Fatty" written on it. This cute blond from my old MTB club used to always ask if she could ride my fatty.

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Sure ya got some looks for that one eh Hack? :D *laughs*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts