Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

In the market for a new Hybrid style bike, and saw the "walk thru" frame design.

Certainly seems a lot safer, which is important for me being a Sr. Citizen now.

Being able to get on terra ferma more easily without having to get a foot over the horiz. bar seems nice.

Anyway:

Is this design at all popular ? If not, why not ?

With men ? (would hate to be laughed at)

Any caveats ?

Thoughts on would be appreciated ?

Thanks,
Bob

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,543 Posts
Linus makes a nice looking Dutch in 3 or 8 speed. Very nice because it's internal gear hub , the components are solid and it comes complete with fenders, sprung seat, nice comfortable upright riding position, bell and back rack. The 3 speed is about $550 and the 8 speed about $799. Only real caveats is that it's a heavier bike and ya won't be winning any speed races with it.

Linus Bikes | Dutchi 8

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,543 Posts
With all the different bikes out there no one pays attention to womens/mens models anyhow.

I would love to have a mixte.

·
Banned
400 Posts
there's no such thing as a womens or mens bike. manufaturers just make different sizes to give different size people more options and they tend to label certain bikes womens just because more women then to get that bike but a smaller framed guy would also get it too but I suppose that would be the minority unless it's in asia cause there's a lot of small guys there.

·
Biking With a Mission
159 Posts
We used to put guys on step through hybrids all the time at the shop. Not just Sr. Citizens, some guys have limited range of motion due to whatever injury/surgery it may be. Pretty much every major company has all their hybrid bikes in both standard and step through frames. They tend to be the exact same exact for frame design.

No real caveats that I can think of. Go for it, thumbs up for continuing riding :thumbsup:

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
i think if the step through frame suits your needs the best then get it. as long as you are on a bike all is well. when you do get it post pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts