Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a simple question and really only requires a one word answer. I will give you the 2 choices you can use for the answer. Only choose one or the other. If you wish to elaborate that is ok too.

Do you drive a motor vehicle because you want to, or because you have to?

I drive because I have to, NOT because I want to. In fact I don't like driving. If we could my wife and I would sell our motor vehicle and never own one. right now that is unfortunatly not an option. I would rather rid emy bike every where I go or take some other form of transportation other than drive.

Your turn.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
You should have bought a Honda Civic, or similar vehicle, rather than a Jeep. And I'm thinking that you really need to find a different forum. You seem less pro-bike than anti-car.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,504 Posts
Have to.

I'm a home health aid for Hospice so I drive about 60,000 miles a year.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
One-word answer, eh? Here's a third one for you....
DON'T.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Have to. I have a company vehicle and visiting customers is part of my job. Plus my commute is really not doable on a bike. I wish it were. I miss commuting by bike.

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
Have to, home fleet, I'm lucky I bet I spend 30 buxs a month in fuel in my personal truck....maybe:)

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I'm going to elaborate. I hate driving. It brings out the worst in me. The inconsideration of others is only surpassed by my hatred of them. That being said, I live in Texas. If I want to visit my family, 120 miles round trip. All my friends are a minimum of 30 miles away. My wife's family lives in in town but good luck carting a 2 year old on a bike. I love the freedom of a car. It akin to the freedom of a bike, but until we get this urban sprawl issue down there's no sense in it. So to sum it up, like car,hate driving.

·
The Bearded Wonder
561 Posts
I'm gonna go with have to... I ride my bike to work, but whenever I go somewhere with the missus and the kids, a car is a necessity.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I drive the bike because I like it
I drive my truck because I like it
I drive my boat because I like to fish
I don't drive the Harley any more can't deal with people
But I don't drive the race car any more Dr will not sign for my licence, but it is what I realy like to drive

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,196 Posts
I drive the bike because I like it
But I don't drive the race car any more Dr will not sign for my licence, but it is what I realy like to drive
AMEN !!!

Not my car I just hep a bit on it ! 2009 LMS Champ !!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't ever drive. I have a sticker on my top tube that says 'one less car'. :)

@industry_hack - it is possible to be both pro-bike *and* anti-car!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts