Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure why cuz I can't run around the block, but I'm starting to consider trying this. My cousin did it Michigan July 30th. Probably a little late to think about training for it and maybe something to consider for next year :)

·
Most Unusual
149 Posts
I'm doing it with another girl in NC August 27th!!!! Second wave at noon on Saturday!!!
Looks like fun too - and hard!!!

It's 3 miles and we're not running it. Yeah it's an obstacle course basically and that's how we're treating it - and we're going to have fun as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did the June Ohio WD. Had a freakin' blast. Mud everywhere. Ran most of it, had to walk some of it, too muddy and steep. I would recommend knee pads for the crawling obstacle. Every shape and size of person (some easy on the eyes, some not, not judging) and all manners of fitness levels were there. Can't wait to go next year.

·
Two skinny J's
21,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the June Ohio WD. Had a freakin' blast. Mud everywhere. Ran most of it, had to walk some of it, too muddy and steep. I would recommend knee pads for the crawling obstacle. Every shape and size of person (some easy on the eyes, some not, not judging) and all manners of fitness levels were there. Can't wait to go next year.
Very cool and good to hear...I really hate running but think I could pull it off to do this :) I would think the pads would be a major annoyance real quick while running.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Rola, I don't think there's much training involved. Sounds like a blast!

·
Most Unusual
149 Posts
From what I learned from some people in a running forum is that it's more of a blast - although some do run it as a race - and that there were people of all sizes and in-shape, some outta shape there. It was to have fun.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Sounds like fun to me. I would like to play in the mud evean at 66 :D
Would that make me a dirty old man :rolleyes:

·
Most Unusual
149 Posts
^^^
Well I've been tracking the hurricane and the race is still on in lower N.Carolina (according to the website) and now we're tracking the hurricane in - my wave leaves at noon Saturday - hurricane is schedule to arrive anywhere from 8 am to 5:30 that night.

:D I'll be a dirty ole woman - more so by the race course being a mushy mess if the race does go off. Yay!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts