We do not need this in August

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rola643, Jul 31, 2020.

1. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

I know it's officially hurricane season but this is way to early and way to hot for all this mess.

IMG_1807.PNG

Dos_Ruedas and John_V like this.
  2. kneedrachen

kneedrachen Moderator Mod Team Tavern Member

A little further north and a lot of news outlets would get quiet over silliness.

Dos_Ruedas likes this.

3. John_V

John_V Moderator Staff Member Mod Team Tavern Member

Early forecast models showed it heading toward us. The east coast is preparing for it but they are saying that all we will get is some moderate to heavy rains and maybe a little flooding in the low areas.

4. Buffalo-jon

Buffalo-jon Well-Known Member Tavern Member

If we could just get all the politicians in Washington to face East when they talk, all that hot air might push it out to the mid Atlantic

5. MilesR

MilesR Mom's Taxi Tavern Member

It would probably be all over Europe!

6. rola643

This has changed course towards us and moved way inland as compared to before. Tuesday at work is going to suck :)
    IMG_1819.jpg

John_V likes this.
  7. maelochs

maelochs Old, fat, and slow

Rola643, you are the sole reason I care at all about bad weather.

Before this, I really didn't care. I have been living through major and minor storms all my life. Sometimes they do bad damage, usually are just bad weather, and generally have been increasingly overhyped as each year passes.

Once I started reading here though ... Now I have to think about the poor souls out there getting my power turned back on.

You have both enriched and soured my life.

I hope that your customers are appreciative.

8. rola643

It's a good thing this was a fast moving storm. We had one massive piece of a pine fall. Pictures are very deceiving. This is over 65 ft long and more than 2 ft around in spots. You can't see but 1/2 of it.

I don't mind saying I was more than nervous to have to get up and cut that thing down.

Had to cut in 1/2 twice and pull with my truck to the side of that driveway to get ot out of the way. Ran out of time with everything else going on and that needed done.

IMG_6224.jpg IMG_1845.jpg IMG_1844.jpg IMG_1847.jpg IMG_1848.jpg

We almost never see waves up in the rivah and never seen both docks under water. Lost a free dock boards as well. Work is never done and cuts into my ride time :( not to mention will be on mandatory OT until all these outages get cleared. We have over 1800 when I left work last night to come home and do more work...

IMG_1852.jpg

newleaf150 likes this.
  9. maelochs

maelochs Old, fat, and slow

Not recent catastrophe nor imminent disaster could keep him from his appointment with quality ale.

10. rola643

Absolutely !

newleaf150, Dos_Ruedas and MilesR like this.