We need a Fixed forum

Discussion in 'TwoSpoke Announcements & Comments' started by BackBayBrewing, Jun 6, 2009.

1. BackBayBrewing

BackBayBrewing New Member

I'd like to suggest a fixed gear forum. You decide if you want to include single speeds (non/fixed) as well. Thanks

2. Doc

Doc Guest

Would you think that would be a good subsection of BMX style or any other forum already up or would you think it would be quite alright in its own section?

3. BigDumbBear

BigDumbBear New Member

I'd say it could be a sub-section of the road bikes... But a lot of people consider it a completely different machine and sometimes a different lifestyle.

4. Doc

Doc Guest

Ya thats sort of what I think aswell. Some other people chime in aswell so I can get a feel for what you guys are wanting.

5. BackBayBrewing

BackBayBrewing New Member

Sorry for my delay in responding. I would like to see it as a separate section all its own. The drivetrain components on a fixie are much different than a road bike. I don't see any relevance to BMX, however I guess there is a classification of bmx that uses fixed gear bikes, however this is not what I was thinking of. If it were part of a road bike forum that would be ok too, but best left to its own area of the forum.

6. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff