Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went riding Sat. morning had only gone about 4 miles when i got really dizzy.
stoped at a stop sign to rest and recoupe.while standing there i started getting tunnel vision, next thing i thought was the back of my head was hurting,when i finally got my eyes open i was lying on my back with my bike on me( i had passed out) bike computer said same time as wen i stopped so guess i just went out for a sec but i fell straight back slamming my head on the pavement(why my head hurt) tahnk goodness i always wear my healmet(GIRO rift) it did it job perfectly hate that i have to throw it away but its busted. after i git out and got my senses back i rode the next 2 miles to the emergency room. got checked out and found out that i had the flu like symptoms and thats what caused it. but let me say again,I rode away from this because I had my healmet on!

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used to think wearing helmets were only needed when you do road bike rides and not when on rail-to-trail rides that I mainly go on. Then a saw a photo of some kid who wasn't going very fast at all and wrecked, took a large portion of his hair and skin off the top of his head. It was horrible looking. From now on, no matter the bike ride, I am wearing a helmet!

·
Offroad Junkie
43 Posts
I have always worn a helmet (since the 90's at least)
never even knew about them in the 80's
but about a week ago me and my cousin were riding, me on my Giant and him on his Schwinn crap...
my cousin was trying to show off and decided to dart down a hill side at the last possible second
and didn't even bother to look how steep it was and decided about 6 feet into the 30 degree drop to clamp down his front breaks and went flying over his handle bars, well a broken finger and several scratches a busted rear derailer and bent frame later he noticed his helmet was gashed, so now he wears it always

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Glad to hear that your melon is ok. I just dont understand people who do not wear helmets when they ride. Texas does not have a helmet law (to my knowledge), but I do not think that you should not wear one because it is not required.

·
215 Posts
I've never ridden without a helmet for the last 40 years. As a kid I never wore a helmet, but helmets weren't required and were not around anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts