Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i believe that was a line or title to a jimmy buffet song..... but i truly did feel that way today. generally my morning commute is brisk to cold this time of year and as the az weather insists, dry. today was slightly less awesome (by slightly i mean nothing of the sort). nope, today was startlingly breath taking if not for the head wind i would have believed it was some sort of cycling utopia and not sedona at all. it was cool enough to feel fresh but by no stretch cold. as the miles drew fewer i wished work was not in my forecast but instead a long day of cycling. after searching my conscious for the gumption to attend the daily grind of what creates a check for food and cycling gear, i apprehensively turned into the parking lot of the office buildings in which my desk and daily tasks reside. then i remembered why i am single with the muttering of Clark (or Jack or Cline or whatever the guy who drives the jag who constantly tries to impress me with his wits, name is).
"Beep Beep," spoke the alarm on his black polished road machine, that i am certain is polished only second to his ego (which i guarantee is stroked only second to his "man parts"):(. don't get me wrong i clean and polish my bike thus understand how he treats the nice car.
after the car finished, Clarkford spoke...... "nice ride girly, where's your hall pass."
my first thought was "what the crap does that even mean:confused:", but before i could ask he spoke again. "if you ever want a ride let me know, to work or home either one." then for added humor and possibly to make me wish i had stayed on the road headed for anyplace but there... "if to home, either mine or yours works for me," stated with a chuckle by Clerk the Jerk. received with the slight taste of vomit by myself.
"sounds like a plan, stan:rolleyes:", i retorted.
"my names Mark, but really do you want my number?", Clark responded (his name is actually mark but i prefer whatever rolls off my tongue at the moment).
"i can't afford a car, do you think i have a phone?", i said praying that my iPhone would not ring while i was cornered trying to get my bike in the front doors of the building. i thought if it rings i am going to scream as loud as i can to muffle the ring tone and possibly scare him away.... or maybe i will just run back out the door and ride far, far, far away.
luck as it is, is at times quite good and my phone remained silent. Derk laughed and said, "well here is my card if you ever get a phone".
hurriedly i scuffled down the hall to the office in which i work. as i went in one of my coworkers said, "slow down Alice, you're early no need to run."
after my bike was placed neatly beside my desk and i had changed my shirt and re-braided my hair i thought to myself, "i think i will start coming in a little earlier." then i began to laugh.... as handsome as Clark is he would have to be a lot more beautiful than the ride to work, for me to look past the fact that he seems to always have the wrong thing to say.
yep, i love riding :love:and sometimes wish people were more like bikes!

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I really wanted to write "Cool story, bro", but that's sort of mocking/sarcastic, which wouldn't apply here. So how about a "You go girl!"?

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
Stay away from the Clarks of this world, as you know they look great on the outside but one peek behind the curtain and you'll see a guy who socially never made it out of high school.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Initiating conversation is the hardest part. I come across as a jerk too, so glad I'm done with all that.

Get a free meal and move on, nothing wrong with testing the waters.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really wanted to write "Cool story, bro", but that's sort of mocking/sarcastic, which wouldn't apply here. So how about a "You go girl!"?
thanks and (i'm cool with sarcasm, if needed, it was a little long winded), just had to get that off my chest.... i am sooooo not good with people. i have the social skills of a barbarian yak riding swordsman. or something like that.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stay away from the Clarks of this world, as you know they look great on the outside but one peek behind the curtain and you'll see a guy who socially never made it out of high school.
good advise

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Initiating conversation is the hardest part. I come across as a jerk too, so glad I'm done with all that.

Get a free meal and move on, nothing wrong with testing the waters.
yep, it is hard to start up chatter.... i totally stink at it!

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a problem I've ever had. Always annoys my single friends. I'd chat up your mum at the grocery store for no reason at all. It's just the way I am.
that is why you are my favorite person on here... friendly and always leave helpful comments. plus, you seem genuine and nice. being a natural conversationalist just makes you even better.
my mum would chat your ear off... she is a talker ;)

·
12,350 Posts
that is why you are my favorite person on here... friendly and always leave helpful comments. plus, you seem genuine and nice. being a natural conversationalist just makes you even better.
my mum would chat your ear off... she is a talker ;)
Playing favorites already? ;) I'm flattered. I try to be helpful. Once upon a time my regular hangout was a much bigger site, but it got bloated and people weren't civil any more. On this site, we all seem to know each other, and everyone is really nice. It's more like a community.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I drive a Z4 and every once in a while a super hot blond stares. Too bad I know she is just looking at the car.
lol maybe not.... she may indeed be unimpressed by steel steeds. i would be much quicker to stare at a bike of any style than the finest of sports cars. ;)

·
12,350 Posts
Well I drive a Z4 and every once in a while a super hot blond stares. Too bad I know she is just looking at the car.
During the non-motorcycle season, I drive a Scion xB. One woman that I dated asked why I drive such a girly little car. I just explained that it's only a car, not an extension of my personality. When I bought it, I had just returned to the states, and didn't have a job, so it was one of the few brand new cars I could afford to pay cash for.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Hack my first car could have been a 64 1/2 Mustang convertible. It was all of $800 and I had the money. Trouble is that my dad had the approval. He said no and I wound up with a 68 Opal Kadet. Chick magnet?? Hardly, and really it wasn't a girly car either. In fact it would barely run and with no AC in Mississippi in the summer time, I would gladly had a Scion. Sad thing is not long ago I saw a mustang like it on Barrett Jackson auctions go for 6 figures.

Now if I only pedaled the Sunray and came to a stop sign next to sprocket girl, well lets just say geezer on a geezer bike and NO pick up line would work. I just had someone ask me if my daughter (referring to the wife I have no kids) was here, and the last time someone hit on me was an 80 year old in an Alzheimers facility. Should have NEVER told the wife about that one. Not only has she not stopped laughing, but tells everyone shes see so they can join in the fun.

·
12,350 Posts
I've never needed a car to get girls. When I met my first wife, (the one sitting on the hood of that '68 Camaro posted somewhere around here) I rode a 50cc Honda scooter. Fast forward 20 or so years, and the first date with my current wife, I showed up on a motorcycle, we had coffee, then went for a ride. I sold that bike when I got my Harley, which is the same Harley we're pictured on leaving our wedding reception, in dress and tux. A car is just an appliance to me these days. I'd much rather have a bicycle or motorcycle underneath me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
thanks and (i'm cool with sarcasm, if needed, it was a little long winded), just had to get that off my chest.... i am sooooo not good with people. i have the social skills of a barbarian yak riding swordsman. or something like that.
Same.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i believe that was a line or title to a jimmy buffet song..... But i truly did feel that way today. Generally my morning commute is brisk to cold this time of year and as the az weather insists, dry. Today was slightly less awesome (by slightly i mean nothing of the sort). Nope, today was startlingly breath taking if not for the head wind i would have believed it was some sort of cycling utopia and not sedona at all. It was cool enough to feel fresh but by no stretch cold. As the miles drew fewer i wished work was not in my forecast but instead a long day of cycling. After searching my conscious for the gumption to attend the daily grind of what creates a check for food and cycling gear, i apprehensively turned into the parking lot of the office buildings in which my desk and daily tasks reside. Then i remembered why i am single with the muttering of clark (or jack or cline or whatever the guy who drives the jag who constantly tries to impress me with his wits, name is).
"beep beep," spoke the alarm on his black polished road machine, that i am certain is polished only second to his ego (which i guarantee is stroked only second to his "man parts"):(. Don't get me wrong i clean and polish my bike thus understand how he treats the nice car.
After the car finished, clarkford spoke...... "nice ride girly, where's your hall pass."
my first thought was "what the crap does that even mean:confused:", but before i could ask he spoke again. "if you ever want a ride let me know, to work or home either one." then for added humor and possibly to make me wish i had stayed on the road headed for anyplace but there... "if to home, either mine or yours works for me," stated with a chuckle by clerk the jerk. Received with the slight taste of vomit by myself.
"sounds like a plan, stan:rolleyes:", i retorted.
"my names mark, but really do you want my number?", clark responded (his name is actually mark but i prefer whatever rolls off my tongue at the moment).
"i can't afford a car, do you think i have a phone?", i said praying that my iphone would not ring while i was cornered trying to get my bike in the front doors of the building. I thought if it rings i am going to scream as loud as i can to muffle the ring tone and possibly scare him away.... Or maybe i will just run back out the door and ride far, far, far away.
Luck as it is, is at times quite good and my phone remained silent. Derk laughed and said, "well here is my card if you ever get a phone".
Hurriedly i scuffled down the hall to the office in which i work. As i went in one of my coworkers said, "slow down alice, you're early no need to run."
after my bike was placed neatly beside my desk and i had changed my shirt and re-braided my hair i thought to myself, "i think i will start coming in a little earlier." then i began to laugh.... As handsome as clark is he would have to be a lot more beautiful than the ride to work, for me to look past the fact that he seems to always have the wrong thing to say.
Yep, i love riding :love:and sometimes wish people were more like bikes!
you go...! ... Dudet! =d

1 - 17 of 17 Posts