Web hosting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Industry_Hack, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Idiots! That's all I can say about the current web hosts for my blog. All my emails are consolidated via GMail's POP3 application, so I hadn't noticed that there were no messages coming in from one address. Turns out this has possibly been going on as far back as late January. :eek:

So I put in a ticket with my host, and they tell me that everything is working. Yeah, no. We go back and forth, and I tell them outright that they're wrong, maybe they need to dig a little deeper, since this isn't the first time this has happened. Sure enough, the IMAP service on the server wasn't running. Jerks! I host two sites with another company, and I'm moving my blog there next. Even though a good friend has been kind enough to pick up the tab, it hasn't been worth the headaches.

[/rant]

2. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Bummer. I lucked out that one of my closest friends owns a web hosting business. I've gone with him to the data center where he keeps all his servers, not fun!

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

It sucks that they just sold the company, and now they will be losing customers due to poor up-time combined with bad service.