Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bringing up the rear!
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatcha got?

Friday: Watch SoTtuhog, little yard work, cook deer burgers, drank a few cool ones
Saturday: Ride, work, finish yard work, help neighbor take stuff to the storage, drank a few cool ones
Sunday: Ride, clean out garage, wash WoTtuhog's car, wash my car, wax one of the cars, niece's b-day, eat steak, drank a few cool ones

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am venturing to Houston... YUCK! But it's to see family, so I guess that's alright.

I may even make time for my favorite downtown bar, The Flying Saucer. Anyone in Houston wanna join?

When I get home, It's time to clean. Lame, right?

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Take the little one out to dinner (Chinese) on the Harley in about five minutes. Cocktails with my neighbor out in the yard after that. This weekend, in no particular order, mow the lawn, get some product reviews written, chop up the huge branch that broke off my walnut tree, make time to play outdoors and indoors with the wife.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Decompressed last night with a nice bottle of Chianti. This morning had planned on being out on the bike at daybreak for my normal Saturday morning ride, but was/is raining so am waiting for that to break. After the ride, in no particular order:

Weeding several flower beds that are out of control.

Changing the oil in one if not both of my motorcycles (they both need it).

The grass always needs to be cut, but the rain will probably delay that a day or so.

Make some progress on the raised bed veggie garden I'm building in my back yard where an in-ground pool lived until a couple months ago. Need to be done by the end of July so can plant a Fall harvest garden. -- I'm slowly becoming my grandfather :)

Hopefully ride once more somewhere in there.

·
12,350 Posts
Anyone doing anything this weekend?

We have rain in the forecast so I'm pretty sure I'm stuck at home.
My wife is off today, so we're probably going to go on a date of some sort. Tomorrow, I have five articles to wrap up, and I need to go charge the battery on my motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
My wife is off today, so we're probably going to go on a date of some sort. Tomorrow, I have five articles to wrap up, and I need to go charge the battery on my motorcycle.
How did it go?

It did rain all weekend but I managed to catch up on my movies.

Nothing good unfortunately.

·
12,350 Posts
We walked to the bookstore as a family on Saturday, and kicked back and read in the cafe. It got close to 60, but we decided to keep it a family day. Sunday it snowed, all day. Grr! But I got some writing done.

·
Two skinny J's
21,179 Posts
Boat show in Richmond if my lovely bride finishes her paper, prolly an MTB ride as well.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Headed off to the bike shop in the morning to end my personal torment of when to purchase a new mountain bike. From there I'm immediately headed off to a reasonably close riding trail to break in the new bike (hopefully) before the rain settles in for the day.

·
Most Unusual
149 Posts
I have a 4 day weekend as the powers that be are shutting the college down Mon & Tues so they can do all sorts of upgrades on our systems, phones, internet, websites, etc. And it's even better because this past Wed - the power company was working on something in a manhole - and after they left there was a massive fire and unfortunately it housed our main fiber optics - they have to rebuild the manhole and replace over 400 ft of cable. Haven't had phones or anything in the office since Wed. night. (Course I'm the cool kid on the black and have my own internet stick on my lap top). Courses that are taught via computer classroom (many are) - they were cancelled. They are hoping everything is back up on Wed. but we highly doubt it.

All I'm doing this weekend is some shopping with my Mom, laundry and going over to her house Sunday and making a great meal. Oh and I plan on a little riding.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Maybe going snowshoeing. Need to take out the 10 month old, 120lb puppy, to see if he will enjoy treking on the mountain in the snow.

·
Two skinny J's
21,179 Posts
And it's even better because this past Wed - the power company was working on something in a manhole - and after they left there was a massive fire and unfortunately it housed our main fiber optics - they have to rebuild the manhole and replace over 400 ft of cable.
I'm surprised that it (fiber) was not ring-in-ring /multiple ring cuts

·
12,350 Posts
I can't spend to much time in book stores. I end up spending to much and the wife gets mad at me.
We each got a Kindle Fire from Santa, but I can't bear the thought of downloading a book. It currently takes two bookcases to house my collection of books, which includes some fairly rare ones I inherited from my mom. I wish I had more time to read.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts