Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is bull$hit! Stuck at work again while my gf is out playing in Moab. Only 3-1/2 hours left 'till my weekend starts.

I'm taking my daughter and her friends to the Haunted forest tonight. Should be fun. I haven't been in a few years. This will be my daughters first time going. It's gonna scare the living crap out of her.

So what are the rest of you all up to?

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Haunted Forest was awesome! My daughter brought three friends. There was crying, bleeding, puking, pants peeing, and one shoe lost, but recovered thanks to a helpful zombie. So in other words, everyone had fun! We also did a haunted hay ride.

I made yeast risen waffles for breakfast, which if I do say so myself, were the best waffles that I have ever had. I can't take credit for the recipe though. I got it from Mark Bittman's cookbook, How to Cook Everything. Sorry, no pix this time. Served with real butter and maple syrup. No margarine or imitation $hite at my house. Not exactly the healthiest breakfast, but ya gotta do it every once in a while.

I had to give the extra girls back to their parents this morning, so my daughter and I headed up to Frederick for the Oktoberfest. I ran into some friends and we had a few deeeeelicious brews and pretzles! I love October!

So yeah, Moab would have been cool, but we had a blast back here on the East Coast.

Hope you all had a great weekend too!

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Oh yeah! It rained most of it but I managed to get out enough to not begrudge work today. How was Moab guys?

·
SMILEY CAR
191 Posts
sat at home mostly being sick.

I DID get to see They Might Be Giants on friday though, I've had a ticket for that since June and wasn't missing it because of the beginning of a cold.

Also, nothing like real maple syrup. It's all we have in my house, what with my mom being from Vermont and all.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Oh yeah! It rained most of it but I managed to get out enough to not begrudge work today. How was Moab guys?
Talked to my gf last night. She wasn't all that impressed with Moab. She said Slick Rock was crowded, there were sand storms, and there were motor cycles on the trail. Also, there is NO REAL BEER. It's all 3.2 and beer is all that they serve at the bar. Apparently, you can get liquor, but have to sit at a table.

She hit Fruita on the way back and said that the trails there were awesome and so was the beer.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
If alcohol isn't involved on the weekends I'm not interested. I could never move to Utah. Last time I was in salt lake the entire city smelt like sulfur when I asked a residence if it always smelled like this she said what smell? Why does there chosen land smell so bad?

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If alcohol isn't involved on the weekends I'm not interested. I could never move to Utah. Last time I was in salt lake the entire city smelt like sulfur when I asked a residence if it always smelled like this she said what smell? Why does there chosen land smell so bad?
It's been quite a few years since I've been to SLC (like 30), but I still remember that smell.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Haunted Forest was awesome! My daughter brought three friends. There was crying, bleeding, puking, pants peeing, and one shoe lost, but recovered thanks to a helpful zombie. So in other words, everyone had fun! We also did a haunted hay ride.
Scarier than a jaunt through Markoff's Haunted Forest?

Losing your wallet during said jaunt through Markoff's Haunted Forest.

Fortunately, the friend with us who did drop her wallet along the way had it retrieved by a helpful zombie—or escaped asylum patient, or whatever he was supposed to be—before we left.

We did Markoff's two years ago and Field of Screams in Olney last year. I think I liked Markoff's better; their hot chocolate was tastier and the long, narrow, winding road we were sent down on the way there by the GPS added to the experience tremendously.

The ash in the air made picture-taking interesting:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts