Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm over on the Endomondo site looking to see if there's any mention of why our miles for the National Bicycle Challenge are taking longer than normal to update. Anyway I see a riding team named 'Uprising of the Last Kids Standing' which make me chuckle. I spent my grade and middle school years as a LKS. How about you? Are you a former Last Kid Standing?

So you ask, what is a Last Kid Standing? Remember back in grade school when you went out to play kick ball (or some other sport) and they would line you up in a row so that two of the cool kids could alternate picking someone from the line to be on their team. Usually I wasn't the Last Kid Standing, there was almost always some other kid that was slightly more pathetic than I was, but not by much.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think it's why we like biking.

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
We moved from New York to SoCal when I was in grade school. Soccer confounded me, but my fast reflexes helped me stay in the game when we played dodge ball. It wasn't until junior high, when we played street hockey, that I ruled a sport. That's just in a New Yorker's blood.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
We moved from New York to SoCal when I was in grade school. Soccer confounded me, but my fast reflexes helped me stay in the game when we played dodge ball. It wasn't until junior high, when we played street hockey, that I ruled a sport. That's just in a New Yorker's blood.

Hells Yeah! Stick Ball!!!!! Fire Hydrant is out of bounds!

I was a LKS until high school football, and then I had incredible stamina and the ability to sprint. Gym class wasn't too bad after that.

Grammar and Middle School? LKS to the end. My imaginary friends would get picked before me.

·
Two skinny J's
21,184 Posts
I wasn't last...but I played baseball, football, hockey and raced motocross until...well until I discovered other things in high school :) Played hockey well enough that I played on two travel teams and went to the Can-Am hockey school in Tronto, and Michigan state a couple of times. Hockey got old when I got into high school as a lot of ice time was VERY early in the morning and then in the spring it ran into motocross...I prayed for a assignment to California so I could race out there. Redbud was an awesome track tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts