Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new to biking, but am back into it. 55 years old, and a diabetic, i am finally enjoying exercising by biking. i started on a used mongoose MTB, and have recently built a 70's era Huffy Scout 3 10-speed. Added Comfort tires,a 5" rise bars, all new cables and brake pads. I alternate between a Schwinn No Stress seat and a Serfas gel seat. A Home-made hybrid. I am too cheap to buy a new one. this bike looks damn near new. Chrome wasnt even spotted. My wife is on a raleigh 12' framed 26' wheel MTB,and doing well. We ride the local streets nightly, a few miles at most. 1 day on the weekends we go to a different local trail and do about 10 miles. Its getting eeasier every trip, and its definately helping my insulin intake! See ya all out on the trails!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Welcome! If your not careful the bike will get your weight, blood pressure and blood sugar all back in order... And you'll have fun doing it.

·
Two skinny J's
21,187 Posts
Welcome! It's ALL about the ride and it's always cool to me to hear about the great things that can be accomplished with exercise!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts