Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email last night via Mapmyride.com from a gentleman with a really cool mission ! Check this out:

"This was a good route. I would like to send "rola643" an email thanking him for making it public. I am currently on a mission to Ride At Least 100 Miles (on my bike...as in bicycle) in all 50 states. I have completed 7 and have ridden some in another 4. I use MapMyRide to make my routes as I go and to find one such as this ride already prepared was a real treat! It doesn't happen often."

MapMyRide.com | View Dutton And Warner Hall in Gloucester, Virginia

Don't know if he is a member here or not but what a totally cool mission, would love to be able to do it !

·
Two skinny J's
21,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Two skinny J's
21,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it seemed no one had a real interest in this so I have let it fall to the side but this guy is just about to accomplish something pretty huge to me. I'd kill to have the chance to ride a 100 miles in every state!

They just did a ride in Hawaii, how awesome is that?

·
173 Posts
rola643, thanks for posting, have bookmarked his site. To think at 73 & on a mission most of us just day dream about.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Very cool

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
For what it's worth, I spent quite a bit of time speaking with Robin at MapMyRide, and the guys that started the company are basically equal parts computer geeks/cycling fanatics. Their apps are brilliant on many levels.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,541 Posts
Holy crap that's almost 5,000 miles! LOL!

MapMyRide does rock. They have it so slick now I plug in my Garmin and within 4 minutes I've uploaded my ride and posted it to Facebook and I'm done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Way cool! Just subscribed to email list and read a bit about his rides. Man that was one nasty bail in TX!!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Ditto on the kool comments. Looking forward to my 1st century in my own state much less what this guy is doing.

·
Two skinny J's
21,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Two skinny J's
21,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts