Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I'm just not able to get my average speed any higher. Can anyone help me?

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it's an aero problem? Are we talking the legs or everything? It's been a while since my last Brazilian....

·
Registered
352 Posts
So many issues I don't know where to start. Go clipless. Get rid of the rack and loose clothes. Lose the spoke protectors and dork disk. And fill the tires with nitrogen, not helium.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Dork disk? Does this mean the lid, as in helmet?
Dork disk is the plastic ring just underneath the rear cassette. Protects the wheel if your chain should slip off the largest cog in the rear. If your taking care of your bike, in other words, making sure your H/L limits are properly set and your chain and cassette are in good working order (replaced when necessary); you shouldn't need it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Heh! No, I think you NEED the helmet. Oh, and I meant spoke reflectors, not protectors; that's the function of the dork disk. Other than that, looks good to me...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I suspect the pic of overweight cyclist was taken at a Special Olympics, because he looks like he might have Downs Syndrome. If so, he has more problems than just his weight.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
"" For some reason I'm just not able to get my average speed any higher. Can anyone help me? ""

Fool, keep the side with the wheels down.

Damn, buy a book and look at the pictures.

Woundn't you have loved to have had me for a Dad?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts