What are you doing this weekend?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TxCyclist, Aug 14, 2009.

1. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Tomorrow I have to clean out my completely filled garage to make room for something. So fun since it will be 105 tomorrow and our garage acts like an oven. Then Sunday we are going for a morning ride through the Hill Country followed by a big family get together dinner. I wonder when I will get a weekend of doing nothing but sitting! I welcome it.

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Dean, since we're all jealous of your weekend (especially Saturday), I won't even mention that I'm going to head out for a nice long ride tomorrow and get a shorter recovery ride in on Sunday. I also won't say that after my ride tomorrow, I plan on relaxing and not doing much of anything, other than enjoying some nice Belgian brews I have in the fridge.

3. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Working on Saturday as usual and then going to a party at a friends house. I have my daughter this weekend, so we'll probably go riding or play in the river on Sunday.

4. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Oh no you don't get off that easy Dean. You say you are cleaning out your completely filled garage to make room for something, then you don't tell us the cool new addition.
    1. Ferrari
    2. Lambo
    3. Turning your garage into a mancave with pool table, 7 to 10 kegerators, dartboard, wet bar, big screen and hot tub full of bikini clad women.
    4. Jetboat
    5. Turning your garage into the ultimate shop to build jeeps in.
    6. Making room for the wife's car.

Please say it isn't #6

My weekend, lying around the house. The wife went up to MD to visit our oldest daughter. I am home alone and lazy.

5. Xela

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  6. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

tomorrow I'm sleeping in, having lunch with my family for my sister's birthday, and then giving my bike a thorough bath that it desperately needs. On Sunday I'm brewing some oatmeal stout :D

7. hophead

Only 2-1/2 hours to go 'till the weekend. It's 82 and mostly sunny. I may be able to fit in a short ride after work. Sweeeeeeet!

8. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

It's raining, so I guess I need to get some writing done. I've also got oak flooring to restore.

Don't be jealous.

9. hophead

Oh look at the time! Have a good weekend boys and girls. Time to ride!

Over & out.

10. Xela

I'm going to head out for a nice long ride tomorrow and get a shorter recovery ride in on Sunday. I also won't say that after my ride tomorrow, I plan on relaxing and not doing much of anything, other than enjoying some nice Belgian brews I have in the fridge.

Not gonna lie to my TwoSpoke peeps. Rode 70 miles out and back, half of which was straight into a nasty headwind. Made me feel like Lance on the way back though.

Not sure which was harder, riding some of the hills I did today or picking out a beer from these:

belgians.jpg

Went with the Kasteel. Big fruit (especially raisen) and large amounts of dark candy sugar. Great after dinner selection. Just gotta be careful b/c it's 11%!

kasteel.jpg

11. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

Good choice! I've only had the tripel from kasteel but it was yummy

12. Xela

It's fantastic. Reminds me a lot of the West 12. Almost like a port. Can you get it locally? If so, I definitely recommend.

13. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

A good Weekend!!!

I got a brand new 2010 Toyota. It had 23 miles on it.

Cash for clunkers $4500 and $1500 in incentives. CHEAP!!!
    It is worth more than I paid for it:D

[​IMG]

14. Industry_Hack

Nice Toy. My girl wants the Corolla S, but I'm trying to convince her the new Scion xB is a better choice.

15. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

I looked at the Scion xB.
    About the same price. But the Toyota had the incentives($1500), the Scion did not. The Scion is also a matter of taste... You either like or hate it! I like it, but not everyone in the family liked it:(.

If your going to use the CARS (cash for clunkers) program...

HURRY!!!

It is running out of money FAST. Today, in fact, might be it.

16. Industry_Hack

I'm not worried about the cash for clunkers, because all I've got is my 2006 xB, which I have no intention of parting with. I paid cash for it new, and it gets better than 30MPG for the 10k miles/year I put on it. Basically costs nothing to own. But since we like road trips and camping, the new xB is probably a better choice than the Corolla. If only I can convince her of that. ;)

17. Xela

and get a shorter recovery ride in on Sunday.

I looked outside and there is a crazy wind again. Sitting here trying to convince myself to get off my butt and get out there, especially before it gets too hot. But playing around on here is just so much fun!

Okay....here I go. Talk to you all later.

18. Conway.T

Conway.T Guest

Well, it's a new weekend....

but what is everyone doing THIS weekend? Summer is getting close to over, school is starting.....what are the last minute plans to take advantage of summer?

I'm gonna hit up the lake on Sunday....going Wakeskating!!!! :D

19. Smiley

Smiley New Member

I am so jealous of the beer drinking Xela, and the lake.

Having 14.5 tons of pea gravel delivered tomorrow. Hauling it by wheel barrow to the back yard. Anyone want to join us?

*note to self-get beer...lots of beer...*

20. Sammie

Sammie Guest

for the kiddos? playground?
    make sure no one sticks it up their nose....seen way too many kids do that as a former daycare teacher. Yeah, I know, what was I thinking taking on that kind of job! Those were my much younger and more patient days.