What are you excited about?!

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by HandsomeRyan, Sep 30, 2009.

1. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

Just like the title states:

What [bike] stuff are you excited about in the near or not-so-near future?

◘ I ordered a Saris Thelma 2 rack from REI that should be here later this week. I already installed a hitch on Mrs. Handsomeryan's Nissan Rogue so as soon as the rack arrives we'll have greater freedom to explore the local biking scene. (We just moved here a couple months ago)

◘ I'm anxiously awaiting Sunrace Sturmy Archers release of the S3X three speed fixed gear hub. I have enjoyed riding fixed gear for a while as I like the direct connection and the great workout it gives but sometimes you just need a higher/lower gear ratio to climb that hill or to avoid spinning out down the other side.

◘ As soon as I get back to work, I'd really like to get a wheel truing stand so I can work on my own wheels. I'll be building up a wheel around the S3X mentioned above but I also have a front wheel I built w/ a vintage shimano hub that needs a truing stand to get really straight (I used an old fork and a zip tie to rough it out).

◘ Fall riding weather! I'm a big sweaty dude and even temps in the mid 60's leave me drenched in sweat. I'm looking forward to digging out my arm warmers and shivering a little at the start of my rides!

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

HR, sorry that I have failed you. For three years, I have been unable to meet up with my contact at Sunrace to check out their goods. They were even going to give me one of their new hubs. :(

3. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Near future:
    Going to Diablo next weekend with my gf for some fun with gravity.
    Not so near future:
    Building up my Santa Cruz Blur LT. I only have the frame and fork. It's gonna be a while before I'll have the $$$ to get the rest of the parts.

4. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

I was excited to get my King Ridge GrandFondo jersey, which finally arrived yesterday. Needless to say I am not able to make the ride in Santa Rosa this weekend. I tried, but work was just too crazy for me to take the time off. If anyone out there is riding in it....good luck and hope you have a lot of fun.

5. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I'm excited about my trip to Port Aransas next month. Every year a club I belong to bikes from Austin to Port Aransas via backroads with a leader car. 170 miles total.

6. Biker

Biker New Member

Finding my three year old a bike.

7. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

I still :love:love:love: you, but not nearly as much anymore. :hate:

8. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Imagine how I feel. "Sorry I didn't make time to find your booth. Can I still have a free hub?"

I am excited about the fact that I may be building a BMX race bike for my fiance's ten year old. She's a good kid.

9. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

I am excited that I woke up and could smell the coffie this fine morning ;)