Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finishing up Travels with Charley by Steinbeck right now. After that I'm going to attempt Plato's The Republic again, last time I didn't soak it all in real well. The writing style mixed with the translation made it a tough read for me.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
This month:

The Mission Song by John le Carre

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts
The Dharma Bums. Makes me want to ride up into the mountains and stay there!

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
In the middle of Flight of the Intruder (again... I re-read many of my books at least yearly). Stephen Coonts is one of my 3 faves.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Listening to the Lord of the rings this year. I read it almost every year, this year instead of breaking out the all in one I decided to listen to it. I act like its a hassle it's one of the three books I keep bedside and the only one without pictures.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I just finished I am America and So Can You by Stephen Colbert. Hysterical! The only issue I had was every time I read it I broke into my Colbert inner monologue so that made it take longer to read due to the accentuating pauses and the hilarity of me doing it unintentionally.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Can't do the landscaping books, no interest. I started The User Illusion by Tor Norretranders last night. I'm stuck on consciousness and it's function as a form of evolution. Ever read any D.T. Suzuki Brian?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Listening to the Lord of the rings this year. I read it almost every year, this year instead of breaking out the all in one I decided to listen to it. I act like its a hassle it's one of the three books I keep bedside and the only one without pictures.
How long did it take you to listen to it? I read it once and it took a while.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
I stopped listening to it. I read it like most people read the bible. A little here and there, quotes taken out of context, that sort of thing. Having read it so many times I pick it up, open it to a random page, and I know everything that's going on.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts