Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have two different levels of cameras. First are the work cameras and the lenses. Replacing those would be like replacing a top level road bike and maybe then some, but they are heavy. Way too heavy for most rides. I have an I phone, but its limitied. Id be interested to know what people carry or if you carry a camera. I was actually thinking of a handlebar camera or a digital point and shoot that would fit in the shirt pocket. I am curious to see what everyone else carries.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Just my Android phone. On previous phones the camera quality has been marginal at best, but current phone is okay. The zoom could be better, but otherwise good enough.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Sony DSC H20, usually carried in a chest harness, jersey pocket when I'm traveling light.

I recently purchased a handlebar mount, but too much vibration to get usable video unless there's some image stabilization settings on the camera that I don't know about.

I had a iPod Nano that shot video, a really nice feature that current Nanos lack. I'm still mad about losing that iPod. I was just starting to play with the camera which shot video only, no stills. Tiny unit, worked great strapped to my helmet with the same velcro strap you use to keep your pants out of your chainrings.

The first and last five minutes of my commute with music by Keller Williams
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-hJU3ZLHMw&feature=plcp&context=C4893949VDvjVQa1PpcFNxhbHCVGbjU1acCJWGPnMwRgA8G7K4sNQ=[/ame]

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
A tip for filming point of view video, set lens at widest angle, the speed, your movement will be seen better and the image will be less shaky.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i'm going to use stating next,going close to 70's , a kodak m552 mounted to my handle bar.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Mostly a point and shoot, but have carried my Canon 7D and 5D with a few lenses in a lowepro backpack, but all at once..

These will not be mounted on my bike ever...

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
I like to bore the world with pictures from my crappy DROIDX camera. It's simply the worst thing I have seen :)

·
1,355 Posts
I use a Vivitar X014. It was inexpensive and it is compact. The picture quality isn't too bad considering what it cost but man this thing sure eats batteries.

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
The one I currently have a nothing fancy Kodak point and shoot does ok for a quick pic of the bike or something interesting while out. Really need want a digital SLR one day cash don't allow for it now lol

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A digital slr I have, and the toys to go with it. When they ride, it's on a Bob trailer that's padded well in a hard case, and it's also insured. No phone camera for me is good enough. They have a purpose but not particularly useful for prints. I am actually thinking about going back to film for my ride cam

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Industry_Hack said:
Looks like the shutter finally gave out on my Canon. Much sadness ensued.
Which Canon Hack? Sometimes pulling the battery out for a few mins and sometimes changing cards have helped. There is also in most that is much like a hard restart for a computer. They eventually dodo but it's rare

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
It's a 10D that's been giving me trouble for a while now. I'm hoping it's just one of the batteries, but it's time to replace it anyway. They keeping getting cheaper, which is nice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been using the gopro hero hd for the past couple of years. I love the camera, tough as nails and waterproof to boot.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts