Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Cycling for life
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding at a local event this morning on a thirty mile loop my wife and I were riding with a group of about twenty bikes when the lady in front of me had a rear flat. She was alone, and even older than me so we returned to help. Her tire was well worn with a lot of dry rot. I put in a new tube and slowly started to pulse the CO2 in. At half full all seemed well so I shot the rest in. Of course the tire exploded in my hands. Aside from the obvious need for new shorts I was wondering how long it may be before my hearing returns? Also will my wife stop laughing by then?

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
So what hapened to the Lady you just left her on the side of the road :rolleyes: 15 miles from no where, without a tire or tube and no way to get back :eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
ah, that must hurt. the other day my tube exploded and took half the rim with it.

scared the life out of me.

lesson learned about using over-worn rims.

·
Cycling for life
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cycle, Yeah just left the old b---- to fend for herself. ROFL!! Called the ride SAG number without and answer, called the local Trek store that was a sponsor, not open yet, called her husband who did answer said he was on his way be there in ten. Safe area, gave her our cell number, then left her and rode off.

·
Cycling for life
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funetical, I see it just like I do when I'm on the water. If someone needs help I lend a hand. Maybe next time that person in need will be me and the favor will get retuned.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Funetical, I see it just like I do when I'm on the water. If someone needs help I lend a hand. Maybe next time that person in need will be me and the favor will get retuned.
I hope so. To my experience it doesn't always work out that way, but it's nice to be nice. It's its own reward.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have hearing loss too (I'm 57). The Dr. said it's in the range where most womens voices are.

Lucky me.

OK just kidding but not about the loss or the range.

·
Younger than Hack
746 Posts
Gatorguy, the best day of my life is when my ear doctor told my wife that my hearing loss is in the range of the typical female voice and that I was not ignoring her I could not hear her well. So I always have that to fall back on when I am off in my own world and not paying attention to her.

Skidmark, good for you trying to help her. And just so you know we are not laughing at you we are laughing with you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts