Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Older than Hack
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a wool jersey group buy fell apart on that other forum ;), I had some money burnin' a hole in my PayPal. What to do, what to do? :D

Well, I ordered a couple other things to assuage my sadness, and they came in today. I got me a vintage Wrights leather saddle for my commuter:

And... another commuting accessory:

Here's a tip... those shirts are only $10 shipped right now. ;)

So what have you bought lately for your bike?

·
greenhorn
128 Posts
Instead of buying something for my bike...I just bought a new bike.
My first road bike since the 70's 10 speed days. I switched from a hybrid to road and bought a Giant Defy.
Pretty happy with it so far.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I bought a second road bike. I didn't want to ride my Allez in the winter time in New England because the road conditions stink and there is too much sand and salt. So I picked up a used LeMond to be my training work horse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a ton of stuff today. Egads! :eek: A new Nutcase helmet for myself, a helmet for my friends toddler, tires for a friends bike I'm fixing up, reflective ankle straps/pant-leg holders, a brake cable, lizard skin lever wraps. Just a bunch of stuff. But what's really exciting is that my step daughter has inherited from various friends about six bikes in various stages of disrepair. So, I get to fix them up. I'm really looking forward to getting in there and getting greasy fingers!! :D

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Since X-Mass I have bin on a spending spree. I baught a Absolute 1.0, a under seat bag, multi tool , a bike mounted pump, a new hand pump, mirror, some tire levers for on the bike, I know there is more but I can't seam to think of them. A bike rack for the back of my truck. a grunge tool, a cadence pick up for my cycle comp, a new flece jacket, A bike work stand

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
I bought a ton of stuff today. Egads! :eek: A new Nutcase helmet for myself, a helmet for my friends toddler, tires for a friends bike I'm fixing up, reflective ankle straps/pant-leg holders, a brake cable, lizard skin lever wraps. Just a bunch of stuff. But what's really exciting is that my step daughter has inherited from various friends about six bikes in various stages of disrepair. So, I get to fix them up. I'm really looking forward to getting in there and getting greasy fingers!! :D
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I thought I had sworn off buying more bike stuff for awhile...
then a couple weeks ago I was forced to buy another Nashbar touring frame (returned section on sale for $45....I mean....C'MON!).

So now I get to buy a headset, chain, cables, and other misc. doodads that I need to go with the parts I'm using from my parts box.

·
The Bearded Wonder
561 Posts
I bought a floor stand bike pump. I didn't know (and you can call me dumb...) that my tires needed to be up to 116psi. I just wasn't getting that kinda love out of my hand held pump.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought cyclocross tires. A long while back, I bought a Kona CX bike to train on the roads with. I used to race mountain bikes, but I sold the mountain bike and have yet to replace it. I had an itch for some off-roading so I scored a set of 700x38s from Nashbar for the price of tubes. Hit the trail yesterday and had more fun than I can remember having on any bike. The look on that mountain bikers face when I blew threw a 2 foot deep creek and rode away from him.... PRICELESS! (I gave the Lance look-back, probably with a stupid muddy grin on my face.)

·
Older than Hack
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Why the old saddle purchase? Just aesthetics or is that saddle a good ride?
OMG... have you tried a leather saddle? They are totally different and much more comfortable than a padded vinyl-covered saddle. I went with a vintage one because it was about 1/3 the price of a new Brooks saddle. I have the original Brooks saddle on my 1966 Raleigh DL-1, so I know that those old leather saddles are pretty durable. I rode to work on the Wrights saddle Tuesday and again today, and when I get off after the 17 mile slog I feel soooooo much better than I did with the old seat. I watched several ebay sales before buying this one.

A couple more pics of the bike from Tuesday's ride:

And yeah, I'm diggin' the aesthetics as well. But since this is the bike I ride most, it's more about comfort.

Instead of buying something for my bike...I just bought a new bike.
My first road bike since the 70's 10 speed days. I switched from a hybrid to road and bought a Giant Defy.
Pretty happy with it so far.
Excellent. For Christmas my wife bought me a single speed Schwinn. It was my first new bike in 25 years.

I'm looking at new wheels, that will be my next big purchase
I upgraded the wheels on my hybrid (see pic above) a couple months ago when I started popping spokes on my old wheels. Now the bike just hums along so smoothly. You'll love getting new wheels.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I dare to be different....I would go with the square ones. I have a feeling they would seriously affect my race results though!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts