Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what people bring along to drink? Just getting started riding with my wife, and it's a question that came to mind.. just got a bottle for my bike- so I don't have to share with my wife.
Not that that's a bad thing!! :love:
Might sound odd, but to me, V-8 juice sounds good...
Wes

·
Two skinny J's
21,514 Posts
I can't imagine V-8 on a nice 98* degree, 90% humidity day :D Cool and not cold water sounds good in that case with some kind of electrolyte replacement drink in a second bottle. You might have to find one that suits your needs. I cut some of them, like Gatorade G2 stuff, a little cuz they are to sweet for my liking when I ride. Other than that a nice flask of your favorite post ride bourbon in your jersey always works regardless of temperature after a hard fast ride when you get off the saddle gaspoing for air and have that powerful thirst :cool: I'm just kidding of course!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
This time of year just water. Once the weather turns nice and I can start putting on more miles per day I'll have one water and one Cytomax sport drink mix.

·
Registered
243 Posts
A lot like other people have said, I have water and Gatorade. But on really hot days I'll usually do Gatorade in both of them.

·
Two skinny J's
21,514 Posts
May not always be in the water bottle but when you get to whiskey river you better be sip'n

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhsYLtgAXPU[/ame]

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
For me it's the same one water and one G2 when its hot i freeze a 1/2 bottle then add the outher 1/2 going out the door. On a 40 mile ride I take an extra bottle of water cause I don't like pouring G2 over my head when it gets hot out.
My ¢¢

·
1,355 Posts
Iced tea for me. On those hot summer days when whatever you have in your water bottle gets warm, iced tea seems to be the easiest to swallow.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I will have to try iced tea but I will not pour that on my hot head eather, by the way is that home brewed ??
I like Kentucky tea when I get home, burbon over ice

·
1,355 Posts
I will have to try iced tea but I will not pour that on my hot head eather, by the way is that home brewed ??
I like Kentucky tea when I get home, burbon over ice
sometimes it's home brewed but usually it's from a powdered mix. One scoop for one bottle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In one 24 oz bottle I like water with juice of one fresh squeezed lime with heaping teaspoon of chia seeds, a magic elixer for energy. In another bottle plain water.
Note to the freezers of water in a plastic bottle, there may be some clinical evidence of connection to breast cancer from compounds coming out of the frozen plastic.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
In one 24 oz bottle I like water with juice of one fresh squeezed lime with heaping teaspoon of chia seeds, a magic elixer for energy. In another bottle plain water.
Note to the freezers of water in a plastic bottle, there may be some clinical evidence of connection to breast cancer from compounds coming out of the frozen plastic.
I got a sample of some chia-based drink. It's supposed to be magical.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take a look at the Tarahumara, the reclusive runners in copper canyon in Mexico. They call it fresca, water/lime juice/chia seeds, and drink a shot when facing a steep hill. The chia seeds kind of form a gel in the water, which isn't too bad. I do think it works.

·
Two skinny J's
21,514 Posts
Take a look at the Tarahumara, the reclusive runners in copper canyon in Mexico. They call it fresca, water/lime juice/chia seeds, and drink a shot when facing a steep hill. The chia seeds kind of form a gel in the water, which isn't too bad. I do think it works.
Sounds interesting. Could be up next on my hit list of things to try :D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Man am I old. I remember Fresca was a diet soft drink back in the day that I actually liked. Wonder if its the same recipe??? Regardless it beats beet juice.

·
Two skinny J's
21,514 Posts
Man am I old. I remember Fresca was a diet soft drink back in the day that I actually liked. Wonder if its the same recipe??? Regardless it beats beet juice.
Tastes like chicken :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts