Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its that time to begin to think about shopping. What are we going to ask for from Santa?? Reckon Santa would drop by with April Lawyer willing to model for the day? Well I'd probably settle for an autograph but oh well.

For me I hope to find a project to restore for the winter and a new headlight. I don't want to go down from a pothole at night anymore.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Sadly the bike needs nothing... I can't believe I just said that. I'd be happy if Old Saint Nick would drop off a pair of the Aero Tech Designs Bib Shorts that Alex review on Industry Outsider.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Want:
Suspension XC bike
Carbon roadie
Trailer hauler, rigid fork, hydro brakes
Vintage Ordinary

Expect: Coal

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Mark, every time you mention April, I'm going to mention the poster she signed for me. It's the one of her in the cocktail dress with the SPD heels.

As far as Christmas, it's the same for me every year. Seeing my wife up and about again is enough for me. I want nothing. If you have money to spare, go spend it on someone else.I bought myself a few toys this year, and the only thing I have my eye on (other than a collectible handgun) is another shotgun, but that's only so I can restore my dad's to its original condition. I give away so much stuff each year, that the thought of getting gifts is annoying. With all the gear I get to review, my bikes are as complete as I need them to be, and I can't possibly accept any more cycling clothes. Our local Scouts are some of the best-equipped around, thanks to all the camping gear I make available to them. Really, it would be nice if people just made an effort to get along. [/exit soapbox]

·
12,350 Posts
Here's April, in the classic image. Below her is the even more impressive Rebecca Rusch. I've also got a poster and picture of me with Tara Llanes, after I helped organize a fundraiser for her. On the opposite wall is Niki Gudex, but I don't consider her much of a cyclist.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hack I knew it was coming and feel free to rub it in. From everything I have read she seems to be a very nice lady as well. My experience is that most people regardless of how successful are usually nice, and that includes famous people as well. I have been lucky to meet people that have done everything from walk on the moon, to performers. Almost all of them were very nice to me and treated me with respect and really the way they would want to be treated. Yet when you see her again, you could remember your old two spoke bud??? If I could find a pair of those pumps Id buy a pair for a friend of mine in my LBS. Thing is I think she would actually use them.

Is the wife getting better? Just got back from a trip from the older brothers heart surgery. A pretty severe heart attack followed by a quadruple by pass stinks, but if the helicopter had been down that day he wouldn't have made it. We take it for granted sometimes, but life is good. Enjoy it because its short at its longest.

·
12,350 Posts
Based on my observations, MTB racers are roughly 1,000 % cooler than roadies. At every show I've been to, it seems like the road guys are counting the minutes until they're released from their contractual obligations. Racers like Rebecca will stop me between appointments to have a quick chat. There are plenty of exceptions, but that's just how it seems to go for me.

My wife is doing better, which is really all I can ask for. Anyone who follows my site should realize I'm up to my ears in gear.

·
Who put that curb there?
168 Posts
I want SprocketGirl to come back.

·
American Expatriate
248 Posts
Well.....if I have to pick gifts....
1 - White Speicalized Toupe or Ronin saddle,
2 - New shoes (Sidi, Shimano or Specialized)
3 - New pedals (Shimano or Crank Brothers).

What I REALLY want is for my Canadian residency visa to finally be approved. This waiting has been hard on my girlfriend and me. Why do governments seem to need to take forever with this stuff? It is exasperating. let me tell ya.Am I too picky?

Doing this the legal way is really making me cranky.

Cheers,

Brian J.

·
American Expatriate
248 Posts
Mark, every time you mention April, I'm going to mention the poster she signed for me. It's the one of her in the cocktail dress with the SPD heels.

As far as Christmas, it's the same for me every year. Seeing my wife up and about again is enough for me. I want nothing. If you have money to spare, go spend it on someone else.I bought myself a few toys this year, and the only thing I have my eye on (other than a collectible handgun) is another shotgun, but that's only so I can restore my dad's to its original condition. I give away so much stuff each year, that the thought of getting gifts is annoying. With all the gear I get to review, my bikes are as complete as I need them to be, and I can't possibly accept any more cycling clothes. Our local Scouts are some of the best-equipped around, thanks to all the camping gear I make available to them. Really, it would be nice if people just made an effort to get along. [/exit soapbox]
Hey Bri, I wish those things for you as well. I hope you get all that you wish for, and more.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You got coal??? You were lucky. When we were bad as kids Santa brought ashes and switches. Trust me we knew that mom was quite the virtuoso with a switch. Coal could go in the fire and keep you warm for a little while. Not a toy, but better than ashes. lol

·
Biking With a Mission
159 Posts
hmm... I never know what I want for Christmas. My wife and I love the season but don't do big gifts. My brother will be home for Christmas, which is a million times better than Afghanistan last year, and is all I really want. I typically don't ask for bike stuff since I have various ways of getting what I need. Just give me a few good days of riding without snow!

But since all that stuff kinda skirts the idea of the thread: A new wheelset would be awesome! Trialtech rims/hubs, double butted spokes. In all reality I'll probably buy it in the spring.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts