Two Spoke Forums banner
221 - 240 of 280 Posts

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
cabled the brakes with fresh cables and new housing.......still test fitting the shifter housing routing and length. Forgot about how fun it is to get 3 cables crammed thru the frame and situated in there the right way. Been a little minute and few renditions ago that this thing had any gearing requiring multiple cables.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 · (Edited)
A bit closer to done with red bike......1x8 now after cabling rr derailleur, testing shifting, micro adjusting cable tension and setting the travel stop screws so chain stays on the cassette. Sorted out fr derailleur cable housing routing but still futzin with placement in relation to other cables and how they act with full left and right bar turning to make sure they return to center how they started out without any binding. I guess a few preview shots will be ok....found a little silver billet taillight that straps to seatpost to throw into the mix.....kinda diggin the faunky cable housing.......

Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Bicycle Bicycle wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Tire Wheel Bicycle Vehicle Bicycle tire
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
ooo, bar end plugs, big progress to be sure......will finish cabling tomorrow after riding.....warm enough for flip flop ride on the party bike aka Sub Speed 10 belt drive commuter......shenanigan-free casualness. The wife will love it. She doesn't like thinking about or hearing about what happens on the other bikes. Haven't gotten to flick the ice cream bell in a little minute so I'll tolerate some safe casualness for a change of pace. More this......

Bicycle Water Sky Wheel Cloud

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,753 Posts
Today as I was getting the 'bent out for a ride, I noticed that I had a brake dragging in back. The adjustment screws were already pretty tight, so I loosened them and proceeded to pull the cantilever arms. Played the clean and lube game on posts which hadn't seen grease in too long. With everything back together, the brake levers felt slightly better and no more dragging pads. Good enough. Time to ride.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,785 Posts
A bit closer to done with red bike......1x8 now after cabling rr derailleur, testing shifting, micro adjusting cable tension and setting the travel stop screws so chain stays on the cassette. Sorted out fr derailleur cable housing routing but still futzin with placement in relation to other cables and how they act with full left and right bar turning to make sure they return to center how they started out without any binding. I guess a few preview shots will be ok....found a little silver billet taillight that straps to seatpost to throw into the mix.....kinda diggin the faunky cable housing.......

View attachment 53863 View attachment 53864 View attachment 53865 View attachment 53866
I like the cable housing you chose. Looks great.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
Tread pattern matches pattern on cable housing as an added bonus, lol.....tires actually rated to 65psi....50 feels nice. Will do front tomorrow.

Reactions: maelochs

·
2,023 Posts
Time to tackle one of my least favorite jobs, removing tubular glue. Hoping this Effeto Mariposa Carogna Remover I’m trying for the first time will be an improvement over past methods like naphtha, acetone, and heat gun.
Bicycle Wheel Bicycle tire Tire Crankset

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,631 Posts
Tubular glue? Is that tubeless sealant?

·
2,023 Posts
Yes, I’m removing Vittoria Mastik One from the rims. I carry Vittoria Pit Stop with me on rides if I need to inject sealant if I flat. I don’t use tubeless sealant as a preventative in my tubulars. That’s glue on the rims with the remover (red tint) over it. There’s no tubeless sealant on the rim bed as the tubular tire is a completely closed system.
Drinkware Liquid Fluid Drink Cylinder

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
All I see when I look at this is SuperMoto.....so that's why the new nickname. Way less struggle getting front on today after yesterday's fun with rear. Plenty of room up front. Rides really smooth.
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset Bicycle frame

Reactions: newleaf150

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,753 Posts
Today I finally got 2 water bottle cages mounted to canine companion Chip's second trailer, a BOB Yak. More modern iterations have bosses, but mine's older than that and required some added pieces.

The brand on the mounts is 'Geenit' from Bezos' Beauty. Unlike the SKS cage mounts I bought from an LBS, the Geenits can be cinched tightly despite the BOB Yak's diminutive bar width. The cages are typical REI specials in aluminum. I've had fairly good luck with them, though they are prone to fatigue based failure.
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle handlebar Electrical wiring

First one mounted. Note the bag secured to the trailer's interior. It holds a spare lead and tube for the trailer's tire. Also attached are a backup poop bag dispenser and collapsible water bowl. At the bottom of the shot in the trailer's RH side, it's also possible to see the silicone zip bag I use to contain poop bags when Chip pics a place without a convenient trash receptacle.
Vertebrate Electrical wiring Gas Bicycle part Collar
Far from the best looking installation I've done, but if it works, I'll take it. The shock cord is a visual distraction but doesn't block cage functionality. The bag and other items attached to the cord regularly jump between the two trailers depending on which is in action for a given ride. I chose to mount the adapters and cages on the inner location to leave the outer bars free for lights. They may end up getting relocated out there after a test ride or two.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Sir, with all due respect....that does not look like something to ride in the snow.......without bourbon of course.

221 - 240 of 280 Posts