Two Spoke Forums banner
261 - 264 of 264 Posts

·
tall old member
1,498 Posts
I know how bikes suddenly appear due to most of the parts laying around in boxes from upgrading things on other bikes.........scraped together enough stuff on hand to squeeze out last 2 builds with minimal purchases and whittle down the amount of stuff hiding out not having a purpose.
I just added to the extra stuff laying around. I took my deceased wife’s bike to the LBS to get a tune up and a new front fork. We removed the motorized wheel and battery and went back to the original wheel. Got both wheels trued and a new shifter cable. They made the bike look like new. I’m taking the bike to Ohio so my girlfriend and I can ride the paved bike trail that is near her house. She hasn’t ridden a bike in years but is physically fit. I think she will do fine.
I’m waiting on a trailer hitch I ordered for the CRV I just bought after my Honda Pilot died after only 170 sum thousand miles. I expected a lot more miles from it. My mechanic talked me out of getting a new motor for it.
I ordered a roof rack for hauling kayaks the same time I ordered the trailer hitch. The roof rack came in yesterday and I installed it today. It’s going to be a tight fit getting both bikes inside the CRV but I think I can do it until I get my hitch.

·
Mom's Taxi
5,478 Posts
My friend's Pilot has over 200,000 miles on it. It needs a new transmission. I think the mechanic told him the vehicle became valuable enough in the last year to replace the transmission.

261 - 264 of 264 Posts