Two Spoke Forums banner
361 - 372 of 372 Posts

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Today's theme is "Live 2 Ride 2 Sk8".......added sk8board rack to existing rack. Still room for trunk bag on top of rack and/or drive side pannier....for whatever. Added an extra strap due to length and weight of the board. Plenty clearance for pedaling. Sturdy and rides great. Heavy crosswind would suck tho, lol.

Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel
Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel
Bicycle Wheel Tire Crankset Bicycle handlebar
Bicycle Wheel Tire Land vehicle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim
Land vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle Bicycle tire

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
6,122 Posts
Alas, I am lazy. I did nothing to my bike today, save pick it up from the LBS. It is now ready to rock. I hope. Angling to give it a test ride tomorrow.

It is sporting new cartridge style brake pads and a new rear brake cable. Also both derailleurs were adjusted. Turns out, the bike originally came from this shop: it has a rather funky but effective cable wrap setup on the front. It's certainly unlike anything I've seen before on a bike. The wrench talked about buying the stuff in bulk and putting it on all his recumbents for a period of years. Seems reasonable.

I bought the bike from a local bike cooperative for $45. At the time it had flat tires and a dismounted chain but needed very little actual work. I think I got it on the road for another $15 and maybe an hour of work. With the 11-36 cogset out back, I hope it'll be back to the great climbing speed demon it originally was.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
6,122 Posts
Today's theme is "Live 2 Ride 2 Sk8".......added sk8board rack to existing rack. Still room for trunk bag on top of rack and/or drive side pannier....for whatever. Added an extra strap due to length and weight of the board. Plenty clearance for pedaling. Sturdy and rides great. Heavy crosswind would suck tho, lol.

View attachment 55663 View attachment 55664 View attachment 55665 View attachment 55666 View attachment 55667 View attachment 55668 View attachment 55669 View attachment 55670
Sweet setup! I hope that works out well. That's a great looking board. I naturally love the idea of hauling it by bike :love:.

·
Old, fat, and slow
1,271 Posts
I spent hours trying to fix a bike which remains unfixed. I sent a short time tuning up a bike which might be tuned up a little. On the whole .... ugh.

If I12 puts a caster in place of his left bar-end, he could just tip over and skate down hills while still clipped in.

·
Registered
7,685 Posts

View attachment 55663 View attachment 55664 View attachment 55665 View attachment 55666 View attachment 55667 View attachment 55668 View attachment 55669 View attachment 55670
That triangle bag!!

I’ve been looking for something like that, but smaller & fits at the front.

Has anyone seen anything like that?

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
6,122 Posts
That triangle bag!!

I’ve been looking for something like that, but smaller & fits at the front.

Has anyone seen anything like that?
I see those triangular bags pretty regularly around here. Now that I've said that, I'll probably never see another :rolleyes:. I became aware of them in the 90's thx to MTB Action Magazine and similar publications. I never used one because they always seemed to interfere with my bike's water bottle cages. I have seen a few similar bags which were intended to go to the front of the frame triangle rather than the rear. I can't speak to much more than that as I've never looked into that style, only run across some in the course of looking for other types of bag.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
I've had that one as long as I've had the bike.....over 30 yrs now. Never had issue with bottle and had camelbak so not being able to use rear cage was acceptable tradeoff....and best part is the lower strap that allows you to caryy the bike on your shoulder if need be. Came in real handy fording unrideable water crossings. Never needed it because of flat or mech issue luckily. Even flipped it upside down and used it on the wife's woman frame bike a coupla times.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
6,122 Posts
Today I drove Robbyn the Ice Cream Truck across town for her post-purchase adjustment. Expected that to take 24hrs, but they called back less than 4hrs later to advise that everything was done. I wasn't looking to make the drive twice today, but my bike was ready. Out I went. It was too late to ride by the time I got back home, but with it back now, I may manage a ride tomorrow.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
6,122 Posts
Today I finished installing Robbyn's new bags. After several test fittings, I remain convinced that the handlebar pack's mount isn't quite right. I think this is close to 'correct' but not quite there. Still, it works for pics, and I am able to shift through the full gear range and actuate the brakes.
Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Bicycle wheel
Trunk bag and handlebar pack were both lightly stuffed with clothing. I should have thought to put something in he top tube bag, but I didn't until it was too late.

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Tire Crankset Wheel
Time for a test ride!

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame
Note the bulge in the trunk bag. That's less a fault of the bag and much more the fault of the packer. This thing came with a learning curve, and my inexperience is plain to see.

Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle frame Wheel
Ice Cream Trucks are known for the diminutive size of their center triangles. In this case, the bag is just a bit too deep for its length. I don't think this is a problem, but these are my very first bikepacking bags, so I may be wrong. FWIW, mine is in frame size Large. I doubt this top tube bag would work with a Medium sized frame. Moving in the other direction, I imagine it would work about perfectly on an XL frame.

361 - 372 of 372 Posts