Two Spoke Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Of course the dang black abs+ selector pos doesn't fit.....dunno what I was expecting.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,223 Posts
Yesterday, I fixed a flat on my 'bent. Nothing like random tube failure while the darned thing is sitting in the bike shed doing nothing at all. I'm calling it a manufacturer's defect as the tube blew out on the inside, with zero evidence of a rim strip or wheel problem evident following careful inspection. The new one held air overnight. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be cleared to road test it soon.

Today, I stopped in at the LBS to talk to them about some work being done on my folding MTB and found a feed sack in stock. Score! Home it came, and got installed on my touring bike. Now I just need to go back to Costco for another bag of shelled pistachios. That, and to be cleared to ride again. Keeping my fingers crossed that'll happen later this week.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Put the new rotors, new pads and new juice on and in the stache7 to complete all upgrades and service I have had in mind for it since scoring it from cwtch. Fork upgrade parts, bb, cranks, pedals, grips, seat, tires, chainring, chain, valve stems, der pulleys and bar trim done over last coupla yrs.

Here's some pics of today's fun. My first hydro brake bleed, done without issue. New setup feels much more solid than what was left of the oems.....even just doing bed in process........

20210501_113129.jpg
20210501_104813.jpg
20210501_104802.jpg
20210501_095419.jpg
20210501_095342.jpg
20210501_095331.jpg

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,223 Posts
Just got my Montague folding MTB back from the LBS where it went to be refreshed a bit: new shifters, Kool Stop dual compound brake pads, and Tannus Armor in the tires. I'm not sure about the latter, but interested to see how it stacks up against the green slime which has been my anti-flat solution since I was a kid. I took the bike in while I was awaiting clearance to ride from my surgeon. Excited to get it out on the trail now that it's back and the no-ride order has happily expired.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Cool, I have a set of those pads on one of my vbrake bikes. They work great and silently in all conditions. You can see the red end sticking out behind caliper..............

082413_06.jpg

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,223 Posts
Cool, I have a set of those pads on one of my vbrake bikes. They work great and silently in all conditions. You can see the red end sticking out behind caliper..............
Sweet! I've heard and read good things about them, but these are my first set. I'm glad to hear you've had good luck with them.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Wasn't super happy with rear brake lever feel after brake bleed on stache so it got the ocd has to be able to feel like the front one does rebleed. Got it firmer matching the great feel on the front one. Also dialed in the lever reach a bit more to my liking. Might be able to leave it alone and just ride it for awhile now. All systems now functioning tip top and setup to my preferences.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
new brake setup is twice as good after a few rides....couldn't imagine it being any better.

Reactions: FRISKY

·
Registered
7,011 Posts
Nothing today, but i plan to take i it to a different shop Saturday in hopes that they’ll work with me on what I believe is warrantee issues which my LBS agreed about but was dragging his feet helping me.

I hope this turns out well.
I really miss riding outdoors.
Dropped off yesterday.
Now I’ve got to hope i can correct my mistake of giving the other shop my original receipt.
Without it, the repairs cannot fall under warranty. I cannot believe i didn’t keep a copy. I copy everything..... usually.

So far, no answer at the other shop.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,223 Posts
Dropped off yesterday.
Now I’ve got to hope i can correct my mistake of giving the other shop my original receipt.
Without it, the repairs cannot fan under warranty. i cannot believe i didn’t keep a copy. I copy everything..... usually.

How frustrating! Here's hoping you're able to get the problem dealt with successfully and quickly.

·
Two skinny J's
21,369 Posts
For my bike, I’ve given up on the LBS and have opened communications directly with Specialized, in hopes of getting them to honor their warranty.

If things don’t go well via this route, I’m considering selling out and starting over with a different company all together.
So, that’s what I’ve done for my bike......given it one more chance.
Dropped off yesterday.
Without it, the repairs cannot fall under warranty.
I cannot believe i didn’t keep a copy. I copy everything..... usually.

I'm assuming this is still about a cracked/damaged wheel? I'm sure they can do the warranty without a receipt. Everything has date codes, serial numbers or lot data on it. I know my last wheels have serial numbers on them.

EDIT
I'm pretty sure the wheels that came with my Giant also have either a serial number ot code stamped in them, sounds to me like you're getting a run around.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts