Two Spoke Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Old, fat, and slow
860 Posts
I’m trying to go the other way. I’m so skinny I have to run around in the shower to get wet.
I was going to post that that was the most aptly and vividly expressed verbal image, which I hoped never to actually mentally picture .... and then LongJohn goes and posts that.

I guess we all have our issues. I12Ride can't keep his bike on the ground, LongJohn has to take baths, and I have to pull over for traffic in either direction because I block both lanes. Local police were considering me making wear a "Wide Load" sign but all the signs were too small.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
Changing a front flat on the AnthemX so an overdue tire rotation is also going to happen..............

·
Old, fat, and slow
860 Posts
Changing out the fifth punctured tube in two days, after installing a new tire after the first four ..... Six tubes six tubes in 18 hours is a record for me.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,300 Posts
Changing out the fifth punctured tube in two days, after installing a new tire after the first four ..... Six tubes six tubes in 18 hours is a record for me.
Nothing at all to 'like' there, how frustrating. I suppose if the lemons are squeezed using an industrial press, there might be something about getting better and faster at fixing flats :rolleyes:.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
can someone shed light on why slime tubes maker would sell rubber cement? Just noticed the can of rubber cement I have was slime brand.......actually patched the tube that was flat during tire rotation instead of using a new in box tube in lazy wasteful mode.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 · (Edited)
Dang, buying tires for AnthemX and it is complicated choice mainly due to pricing. Finally settled on Schwalbe 29x2.25 Nobby Nic for rear and 29x2.25 Magic Mary up front. Managed to keep it down to ONLY $105 for the set. Going for a bit more tread than the Racing Ralphs have, mostly for more grip for cornering up front and traction out back. went with soft orange compound up front and blue firm out back on their new tire compound scale.....purple is ultra soft and red is hard.

Schwalbe tire-chart.jpg

·
tall old member
1,325 Posts
I started riding my bike. I don’t see my cardiologist for a month yet but Dr. Google says the only way to improve your extraction fraction is through exercise. I was listening to the wrong people who told me to rest and let my heart heal.
My new Lynskey came with a saddle. It appeared to be too small and too hard but I wanted to try it. Just coming off two hospitalizations for heart issues I knew I was going to start with short rides. It would be the perfect time to adjust to a new saddle.
My first ride was two miles and went well. The next day I went around the block and it was five miles of bumpy gravel. My butt hurt after five miles.
The next day I decided my neighborhood roads were too rough for someone who hasn’t ridden in two years. I threw my bike in the back of my car and drove to the nearest paved rail trail. Avoid the hills and the gravel. Within the first tenth of a mile I knew that saddle just wasn’t going to work out. It felt like my butt was bruised. Being that a drove a long way to get there I went on and forced myself to ride ten miles.
I got home and sorted threw a box of saddles I have accumulated over the years. This is what I came up with and the larger saddle worked fine on yesterday’s ride.
IMG_2230.jpg

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,300 Posts
I started riding my bike. I don’t see my cardiologist for a month yet but Dr. Google says the only way to improve your extraction fraction is through exercise. I was listening to the wrong people who told me to rest and let my heart heal.
My new Lynskey came with a saddle. It appeared to be too small and too hard but I wanted to try it. Just coming off two hospitalizations for heart issues I knew I was going to start with short rides. It would be the perfect time to adjust to a new saddle.
My first ride was two miles and went well. The next day I went around the block and it was five miles of bumpy gravel. My butt hurt after five miles.
The next day I decided my neighborhood roads were too rough for someone who hasn’t ridden in two years. I threw my bike in the back of my car and drove to the nearest paved rail trail. Avoid the hills and the gravel. Within the first tenth of a mile I knew that saddle just wasn’t going to work out. It felt like my butt was bruised. Being that a drove a long way to get there I went on and forced myself to ride ten miles.
I got home and sorted threw a box of saddles I have accumulated over the years. This is what I came up with and the larger saddle worked fine on yesterday’s ride. View attachment 52943
I am still working on getting my sit bones back into cycling trim after less time out of the saddle than you were. It is rough! Best of luck in getting through it. I initially found it terribly frustrating to have my sit bones hurt more after 10mi than they once did after a metric century. I hope your improvements come more quickly than mine have.

·
Two skinny J's
21,453 Posts
Trying some new intense flashing red and blue lights. Attention getters I’m hoping

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,300 Posts
Today I swung by the LBS to have my 'bent's headset tightened. I know how to do the adjustment, but lack the proper wrench. Given current supply disruptions, it seemed easier to let someone else do it. I love having a relationship with my LBS: despite the fact that they were fairly busy and I just rode in off the street, a wrench quickly shook loose to handle my adjustment and got me back out the door in less than 20min. I'd have been glad to make an appointment and come back later, but they were cool with doing it immediately. Score! The steering feels crisper now, all the better to carve descents.

·
tall old member
1,325 Posts
The steering is different on my new bike. I knew the wheelbase was shorter but I didn’t think it would make that much difference. I’ll get used to it, got too much money tied up in it to ride my old bike and keep the fancy one as a spare. Oh, what did I do to my bike today? I added a second water bottle cage.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts