Two Spoke Forums banner
141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
1,906 Posts
^ Aren't you afraid of losing both aero efficiency and suffering excess road friction with the ultra-fatbike tires? They are so large I can actually see them with my naked eye.

Beautiful bike.... very silly, for me, but I can appreciate the style and the beauty. Love the fake woodgrain paint.
Ha! Those Conti tubulars are 21mm I believe. The paint scheme is called Ayers Rock after the Australian mountain. The dot pattern was inspired by Aboriginal art from the area.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 · (Edited)
Looked at them all and wished my crap was healed so I could go RIDE!.......and almost bought a silly raibow chain for the Stache. Got a cool new mips helmet instead.

·
Spin Spin Spin
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 · (Edited)
@rola643 Hope you are doing good. I saw that you are the one person on this forum who has 21,565 posts. It means you have great knowledge about mountain biking. @rola643 I am new to this community and also new to mountain biking. I want to buy mtb elbow pads. Can you guide me from where I can buy elbow pads at an affordable price?
Waiting for your response.
I've only been here a minute but riding and building for over 50 yrs and that means zero....but I say go to ebay, type mtb elbow pads in search window, pick some and go get reviews on them and then go to a place that sells them and try them on before buying them cheaper online. Find the ones you like...color fit and cost. Unless doing tricks or racing downhill not sure of the need but that's neither here nor there. I do know that none of the scarring on my body is on elbows. Knee pads and shin guards would have proved more useful in my escapades.

·
Old, fat, and slow
944 Posts
This is funny ---While I was riding tonight I was thinking about a guy I knew who bought cheap knee-and elbow-pads without testing and ended up not wearing them.

Definitely, if you Really need them, treat them like any important safety gear—try them on, make sure they fit, make sure they are well built. If they tear off on impact, not such a good investment …..

I’d do an online search, decide on which price range you can tolerate, and look Carefully at the reviews.

A lot of reviews are, “I just got these and they are great!” but he dude has never worn them on a ride, let alone in a crash.

Some reviews are surely bots, or shills, but some will be from people who actually ride.

·
Two skinny J's
21,579 Posts
@rola643 Hope you are doing good. I saw that you are the one person on this forum who has 21,565 posts. It means you have great knowledge about mountain biking. @rola643 I am new to this community and also new to mountain biking. I want to buy mtb elbow pads Can you guide me from where I can buy elbow pads at an affordable price?
Waiting for your response.
There, fixed it for ya and removed your spam links :D Waiting for your response.

Reactions: newleaf150
141 - 148 of 148 Posts