Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was told by the stamp under the saddle that it is a 1960. Does anyone know what the engraved signature is on the green bar under the saddle?
See photos below. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures of Vintage Bicycle

Any help with knowledge about this bicycle would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I realize you posted this a while ago... I can't help you with what bike it is, but it looks nice. It's got both Shimano and Campy components, which makes me think one of them is after market. Brooks saddle. I love the lugs!

·
gnar! gnar! gnar!
179 Posts
Yeah those Brooks saddles are sooo nice. I got one before I knew they had a history, it was on an old Raleigh bike I picked up cheap. Defiantly my most comfortable saddle, but mine has springs, this one looks solid so I can't vouch for it's comfortableness, however it probably still feels nice.

·
215 Posts
I know I've searched and I can't find out what it is, and the writing on the seatstay spoon is too oddly written to know for sure what letters they are. I would say it's definitely a very nice older custom made bicycle made by a custom builder who probably didn't build too many. He did however use Nervex lugs if that matters, Nervex were the best artistic lug available at the time and are regarded today as highly collectible.

The closest I could get to the name was Hoijfs written in a old vivaldi script, but that word makes no sense and nothing pops up on the internet with that name, therefore I'm going to have to presume it's either a foreign language and or a small custom builder perhaps French.

·
54 Posts
Did some poking around and it's a Motobecane.

Well, sort of.

Motobecane made frames under a few different names to dodge various lawsuits. The Campy shifters are not going to be original, they were on the lower end of the spectrum compared to other bikes at the time (namely the Schwinn Varsity).
Ah....its one of those bikes you just feel the need to give away free of charge......let me know when you need my address form shipment! :p

Nice bike...its a keeper

1 - 15 of 15 Posts