1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
870 Posts
Not to be nit picky but the first option is not a century at only 97.1 miles. A true century must be 100 miles and a metric century is 100 km.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to be nit picky but the first option is not a century at only 97.1 miles. A true century must be 100 miles and a metric century is 100 km.
True enough! I choose those two routes as examples, 1 having several loops and out and back circuits vs. a more direct start to finish type of route. Poorly marked rides and many turns in an area you are not familiar with can cause a lot of confusion from what I have seen.

I think I'm pretty typical and count on a well marked route rather than looking at a cue sheet in organized events like riding a century.

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
i like the more direct route. i would ride either though.... personally i would want at least one huge climb... i am a climber and never feel satisfied unless i suffer. but both routes look fun.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Well marked routes I like when thay have a marker after the turn or intersection I like them little notes on the road you know the ones that tell you the hill from hell is comeing.

·
Two skinny J's
21,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I have never ridden in a group ride or anything that long as of yet, so just going by my novice interpretation, I am thinking it could very well be confusing to a non-native person as well as a novice bike rider.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Too many turns for me, slow and old, it would take me 10 hours with all the turns evean if thay are marked fairly good. You might be untill midnight trying to find all who are lost with all them turns. With 3 stops I could make it 25, 50, 75, and finish
My .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts