WHAT? No 29er thread yet?

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by Blazerwolf, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Blazerwolf

Blazerwolf Guest

This is my 21" Redline Monocog 29er. This hulk has a 32" standover with a wheelbase of 44.5". The Alexrim DH 19 rims are sporting 29 X 2.35 Schwalbe Big Apple ballon tires. Tectro Disc brakes stops this massive machine. This bike is a single speed, geared at 32/16, hard frame, for a big man to push down the road! I started serious bike training about 8 weeks ago on a 6 day training cycle starting at 1 mile a day for six days, a day of rest, six days up a mph. Started my 8th week today! My weight eight weeks ago was 280 lbs. Weighed in this morning at 258 lbs. Goal is to reach 10 miles a day and drop to 240 lbs.

Attached Files:

2. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

That's a nice bike. Nice work on the training too. I lost a bunch of weight when I went from riding my multispeed bikes to riding primarily my fixed gear. Its amazing how much better workout you can get when you don't shift gears.

3. Blazerwolf

Blazerwolf Guest

Thanks Ryan, I'm at 10 miles a day and am down to 236 and still riding hard! Another 13 lbs (I can afford to lose it) and I'll be back to my college days weight! That was forty years ago!